VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

Tbird, thanks very much! This info is very helpful and I'm sooo glad I found this site. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Help would be appreciated. I have been seeking service-connection for my 40-year seizure disability and I keep getting turned down because my service medical records were mysteriously destroyed with man others. What can I do????????????????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I've tried lately. It seems that one gets a "Page not found" when the address is copied to the browser address; however I can get the self help guide by just opening the link.

• HadIt.com Elder

Comes up for me

Veterans Claims Self Help Guide

I have compiled this guide to help veterans understand the VA a little more on how, why, and what is needed to ultimately succeed with their compensation claims. I have also compiled this guide after years of experience in helping other veterans obtain their deserved benefits. Vike (a veteran)

To establish service-connection:

There are two types of service-connection 1) Direct and 2) Presumptive

There are three requirements to establish Direct service-connection for residuals of injuries and diseases;

1) In-service documentation of an injury or disease.

2) A current condition with a medical diagnosis.

3) and a medical nexus connecting 1 and 2.

An in-service injury/disease means that for the most part it must be documented in the veteran