VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Il - Illinois Veterans Benefits

Hi Pete,

On a positive note I recieved a couple more e-mails from Representatives who sound as though they

will support the Bill.

If I understand you on your last post your saying the past legislatures for Veterans Tax Abatement never made it

out of the House. :unsure:

I sure hope this will not be the case with HB4201 !!!!!!!!!! Gosh I'd like to know why these past acts never made it

to the Senate.

Take care.

Grace

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Greetings Illinois,... I have been following your HB0273 efforts,. Outstanding. ... I have always appreciated Florida's vet real estate tax exemptions. I Hope my state will do something this session. Last November, 85% of my fellow voters', voted to allow our state reps to grant vets a better tax exemption. As you all know, our over burdened communities, cities and states are taking a heavy loss in tax revenue this year. Do the good civilians really care about their veterans? We shall see... JMHO... My most positive thoughts are with you all', in your efforts. Good luck.

post-4811-1233712662_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

ILLINOIS VETERANS LETS DO IT TOGETHER

WE ARE AT 39 CO-SPONSORS FOR HB0273. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

BUT A VERY GOOD BEGINNING, THE 96TH ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY HOUSE IN NOW IN

SESSION....CONTACT YOU REPRESENATIVES AND SENATORS, MATTER FACT CONTACT ALL

OF THEM AND LET THEM KNOW, THAT WE KNOW, WHAT IS GOING ON...GET INVOLVED!!!!, THERE ARE ABOUT 870,000 VETERANS IN ILLINOIS. tHAT IS WHY MORE THAN 180 LAWMAKERS IN ILLINOIS THAT MAKE MANY DECISIONS THAT WILL EFFECT YOU.

CONTACT ALL 39 CO-SPONSORS OF HB0273 AND THANK THEM FOR ALL THE DISABLED VETERANS IN ILLINOIS PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE.

PUTINTIME

Al,

Tried to send you an email, for some reason I cannot..

Question of the day???? The past IGA's (94th & 95th)

also had the exact same legislation as HB0273 (HB4197

in the 95th IGA) (HB4247 in the 94th IGA) and never got

passed the First Reading and ended up getting dropped at the

end of each session. What is your suggestion to overcome

this delemia, or to overcome it before it becomes

stagnet. Pls Assist!!!!

Thanxs

Pete

Pete, it's not encouraging that this same legislation failed in the two previous legislatures, especially now that the state is in a much worse economic situation. I can only hope that these congressmen have compassion for disabled veterans in these times and do the right thing. Someone recently said, "It's never about the money...it's about the money". When it comes to these sellouts we call politicians, especially in this state, I'm not optimistic. All we can do is keep the pressure on and add more pressure if we can come up with a way. Your adding the veterans groups you're a member of to your correspondence is a great way. Maybe an editorial to our newspapers is a way. The vets I gave copies of the bill to yesterday, seemed apathetic and less than enthused. Apathy is a huge problem. We can blame the politics of Illinois for this apathy on the part of the citizens. Hang in there!

Al

• HadIt.com Elder

Now is the time to keep pushing. Never give up - never give in. I know the apathy gets frustrating and confusing sometimes. IMHO, when it comes to veterans issues, " support the troops" can only be found on bumper stickers. However, keep on pushing and someday you will succeed.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93