VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Md - Maryland Veterans Benefits

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

There is also a great program in Maryland that helps Vets get tools and other things when starting a trade. I benefited from this myself. I got not only all my tools to start as an Electrician Apprentice, but I got Gas money until my first paycheck, and my first year Union Dues paid in full.

I live in Montgomery County, but I can point anyone in the right direction if you are interested in this program. Bsically it is a non profit that is contracted through the state. This helps alot because they have less redtape and can get you the services you need fast.

Hello my Veteran Friend. Please tell me who I need to contact about this program. I'm in MD DAV#17 in PG county,Clinton,Md area. I would like to inform my DAV members about this program. Thanks you,Maurice

• 1 year later...

Something for our brother and sister Veterans in the DC Metro area:

Those with VA disability ratings of 60% or greater can get a significant discount for riding on the Metro rail and bus system.

The discount is half of the regular fare for Metrorail.

Bus fare is $0.65 (instead of between $1.35 and $3.20, depending on type of payment and type of bus).

Seniors don't need to bother applying, as the senior and disabled rates are the same.

Metro Reduced Fare Application

You'll receive a free photo ID card that you will present when buying a disability SmartTrip farecard or when paying cash for bus fare.

Extra benefit: The disability photo ID can be used with Amtrak as "written documentation of disability" to get discounts for train travel (15% discount).

Amtrak info

Hope someone finds this of use!

Bill