VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To Board

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Hello all hope I am doing this right. I have read many post on this board and it has been very helpful for me in my claims.

A little back ground, 2004 I was diagnozed with diabetes 2 and it has been going downhill real fast since then. I was awarded 20 for Diabetes and 10% each foot for Neoraphy, but denied heart disease. I had chest pain and fatigue and dizziness. Total award was 40%

In 2005 I had a heart attack and was awarded 70% with 100% for 3 months, during the heart attack I had emergency angioplasty with a stent insertion and limited activity after for 3-4 weeks.

Recently lets say Sept/Oct 06 I started having chest pains and sleepless nights. Having to pop nitro on occasion. Went to my cardio (private doctor) and had ekg and cardio and he scheduled me for a cardio cath, during the cardio cath I was treated with another stent in another artery with a blockage of 95%.

My question is should I put in for another rate increase to 100% and if any of you have had this happen?

Before the Diabetes was detected I rarely even took a tylenol and now I have a whole draw full of pills and I don't think my future is to bright with this disease.

"WELCOME HOME"

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hello Welocome

New here myself sound about like myself but the other way around. Had a Heart Attack in 2003 with two stents placed, gave me 100 for 3 months then 10 for a total of 40 with knees, neck, hypertenstion and hearing, then had a TIA in 2004 got a 100 for 18 months due to left side weakness and loss of feeling then knocked me back to 60.

Had Chest Pains last July went to local hospital Cardo DR on Duty said it was due to my smoking, and was not realy to concerned. Had me do a Nuclear Stress Test the following morning showed I had a EF of 48% and showed some type of attack while doing test. He said was nothing was due to my smoking and sent me home.

Then went to the Navy Hospital and seen an a Navy Cardio and he got the stress test and had a fit saying they did not do any thing. Scheduled me for angioplasty, when in there found an 90 and 80 blockage, placed two more stents.

Have an increase pending with the VA right now for Gerd secondary to meds started in 2004, heart,and neck.

Now also have Pre Diabetes and PN in Both legs. They placed me on Topomax about 3 weeks ago for the PN and Migraines works great for the PN nothing for the headaches.

Boats