VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Formulary Costs Lives

Rate this topic

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

OK, for the GOOD news, ahem, I was able to download the "viewer", remembered that I had to install it first to make it work - - and for the BAD news (life is so, like, black and white sometimes lol) - the VA Formulary doesn't seem to have PROGESTERONE. No, no, they are all about the ESTROGEN - - and we all know from reading up on the work of Dr. Lee that estrogen dominates in late life and needs to be opposed with natural progesterone - right?! Gee wiz, maybe I'm not reading the spreadsheet properly, but reading it by "class", all I'm finding in the HORMONE department are these goodies:

TESTOSTERONE INJ (IN OIL)

TESTOSTERONE PATCH

DESOGESTREL0.15/ETHINYL ESTRADIOL 30 TAB

ETHINYL ESTRADIOL 30MCG/NORGESTREL 0.3MG TAB

ETHINYL ESTRADIOL 35MCG/ETHYNODIOL 1MG TAB,28

ETHINYL ESTRADIOL 35MCG/NORETHINDRONE 1MG TAB,21

ETHINYL ESTRADIOL 35MCG/NORETHINDRONE 1MG TAB,28

MESTRANOL 50MCG/NORETHINDRONE 1MG TAB,21

MESTRANOL 50MCG/NORETHINDRONE 1MG TAB,28

NORETHINDRONE 0.35MG TAB,28

NORGESTREL 75MCG TAB

TRIPHASIC ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE(ORTHO-NOVUM 7/7/7/ BASED),21

TRIPHASIC ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE(ORTHO-NOVUM 7/7/7/ BASED),28

ESTRADIOL PATCH

ESTRADIOL INJ

ESTRADIOL ORAL

ESTROGENS CONJUGATED INJ

ESTROGENS CONJUGATED ORAL

ESTROGENS INJ

I'd feel better with TESTOSTERONE than ESTROGEN, at least I could kick some (well, you know)!!

HUMPH!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings:

You can always get a letter from a Doctor explaing what you need and why and than the VA will have to get it for you. There is a risk though. I tried it a number of years ago and was threatened with losing my fee services.

Wings, I couldn't find it either. Most of what is listed is contraception....I simply need youth elixir :rolleyes:

Life is tough enough without having to fight the VA for everything you need. They seem to forget the only reason the Veterans Administration was created was to serve veterans. Hope they pay up soon!

Pete, I agree with you on the VA meds. Some work, some don't. Some arrive in pristine condition, others come in looking like they were ran over by a truck and left out in the weather for a few weeks.....all provided by the lowest bidder.

Comrades,

Stresses will gang up on ya to make your life miserable.

My research shows the following information,

The thyroid stimulator hormone (TSH) test is 'worthless' and only MD types will go by it.

They learned that crap in school and know-it-all, read on.

Many hard to diagnose and/or treat medical conditions are actually caused by or severely affected

by a low value of thyroid hormone, namely Thyroid3. (Brand Name Cytomel) .

Thyroid3 is the thyroid hormone that your 'cells' can use immediately without having to change

Thyroid4 into Thyroid3. (T4, T3)

The only practical method of determining if you need thyroid hormone supplementation is to take some.

[An MD will only check the TSH and declare that you don't have a thyroid problem, wrong Buckwheat! ]

The medical conditions that can be affected by low thyroid are too numerus to mention here.

Generally speaking we are talking about all of the pnueological stuff in total, joints, cardial-pulminary, obeisity, endocrine, memory deficits, brain processes in general, fibromyalgia and the Wal-Mart Syndrome.

When you really need the thyroid supplementation nothing works right.

Some things obviously and others not so obviously.

The MD's said I am in perfect health according to the blood tests.

Why then can't I walk, talk, pick up coins, tie my shoes or find my way around?

I'm taking 6 grains of Armour thyroid and 25 mcg of Cytomel daily.

Find yourself a DO, not an MD or sledge, and get checked out.

By The Way,

My VA shrink is prescribing Armour Thyroid for my medical problems.

sledge