VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Oh - Ohio Veterans Benefits

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope an OH vet out there can help me. I am a reservist who was mobilized in November of 2006 for a year in Iraq. When I got back my civilian employer, Stanley the tool company, offered me a different posistion than the one I previously had before my deployment. I accepted since it was 1st shift and I was working 3rd shift. Seven months later they lay me off, but keep on two newer guys that were hired in management after me. I contacted ESGR and all they are concerned with is getting my job back. I do not want this, because I know they will make the next 5 months a living hell for me and then lay me off in January of next year when the one year timeframe is up. They offered me two months severance with benefits, but I told them I wanted 5 months with benefits to take me to the full year I am guaranteed under the law in re-employment rights. Stanley is stalling right now, but does anyone know where I can go to light a fire under Stanley's you know whats to get the ball rolling, and what type of recourse to I have other than the ESGR?

• 9 months later...
I hope an OH vet out there can help me. I am a reservist who was mobilized in November of 2006 for a year in Iraq. When I got back my civilian employer, Stanley the tool company, offered me a different posistion than the one I previously had before my deployment. I accepted since it was 1st shift and I was working 3rd shift. Seven months later they lay me off, but keep on two newer guys that were hired in management after me. I contacted ESGR and all they are concerned with is getting my job back. I do not want this, because I know they will make the next 5 months a living hell for me and then lay me off in January of next year when the one year timeframe is up. They offered me two months severance with benefits, but I told them I wanted 5 months with benefits to take me to the full year I am guaranteed under the law in re-employment rights. Stanley is stalling right now, but does anyone know where I can go to light a fire under Stanley's you know whats to get the ball rolling, and what type of recourse to I have other than the ESGR?

*I used the Veterans Employment Representative, US Dept Of Labor--Check thru the local Ohio Bureau Unemployment Office or your county CVSO, they should have a contact number. However, this could be the same as ESGR person, hopefully different.