• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Keli

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • By the way, in case anyone needs to know what the form looks like:   
    • Ok, thanks. Simple enough.     By the way, the claim is in "preparation for decision" (the C&P was 5 days ago), so should I submit it through Ebenefits (where it allows me to upload documents for the claim) OR should I mail it certified-mail to the RO?  
    • Hey Andyman, the PCP opinion could work, but at the same time, I see two many ways for a va rater to get around it. A Independent Medical Expert Opinion along with the PCP opinion, does not give a va rater any wiggle room. Sure they could still deny it, but as soon as it reaches BVA it would be approve, because of the IMO. IMO probably could save you about 3-4 years (that's my opinion)
    • My name is Keli and I'm an investigative reporter in Houston, looking to talk with veterans about their experience with the disability claims process. Whether you've had difficulty navigating the system to get the proper percentage or you felt it was easy, let me know. Also, if you're eligible to apply for benefits but have chosen not to, I'm interested in talking with you too. I'm especially looking for Houston-area vets, but anyone in Texas that can help would be great. Hope you can help me learn more about the system and the ways it needs to be improved. Please email me at krabon@khou.com or respond to this thread. Thanks! Keli
    • @john999 yes! I am on SSDI for bladder trauma

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TiredCoastie

5103 Waiver Review?

1 post in this topic

Have seen a couple of posts about this but maybe it's my neurologic condition that's not letting me understand this...

Ebennies today changed for my latest claim, a reconsideration of the VA's denial of service connection of a couple of serious medical conditions as well as my hearing loss plus a request to increase the disability rating for osteoarthritis. After three months as of yesterday, the claim moved from "under review" to "gathering evidence." A development letter is apparently being sent. Ebennies does not list any information requested of me. However, for information requested of third parties, ebennies says that a "5103 Waiver Review" has been requested with a month due date.

What is a 5103 waiver and why would it need to be reviewed?

Or is this just gov-speak? tongue.png

Having read through what's posted on the web, it seems as if it could be either. E.g.

http://www.vfwofwa.org/Announcements/news/disability_claims_1.pdf

I can understand if it's just a way of asking me if I've got more information to transmit...and I may having just been hospitalized for yet another TIA...but why send the review out to a third party? Could that third party be the VSO which represents me for my claim?

Thanks for everyone's help!