VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time Frame For Predetermination Hearing

Rate this question

winger

Question

Hi Folks ,

Iwas hoping someone could give me an idea on how long a predetermination hearing should take and is there some kinda of rule they must follow as to when a meeting with a DRO should be set up . It has been 9 months since my dav rep put in for a meeting at the local Varo. This is regarding the VA proposing to reduce my iu/pt status From 60% and 40% iu back to my rating of 50% awarded to me in 4/76. In 4/02 I applied for an increase because my bilateral shoulder cond. worsened and when I recieved my answer it was additional 10% for DJD and awarded me iu/pt 60%/40% . I never applied for iu/pt but because my cond. made me unemployable They made it pt. Well back in 3/08 they said they found a cue with my award in 02 because djd is pyramiding on post operative status of 50% which Ive held for 30 years. The thing is after recieving thier proposal to reduce ,I went to get reviewed by private doc along with VA doc s who both say surgery is only way to possibly improve my cond. but heres the catch I have been ruled out for surgery due to heart cond. non sc. So I guess just looking for some opinions and time limits on this hearing. I'm still getting paid but who knows for how long?

Iwas under the impression they are not supposed to reduce an award unless there has been some improvement and clearly there has not been any and they have worsened. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Winger

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet