Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability From Stroke

Rate this question

isaacgrecano

Question

Hi,

I'm new to this and i was looking for some help. I'm a 26 yo in the navy and i had a right side ischemic stroke 6 months ago. I'm currently told that i will be processed out in about 4 to 6 months and i was wanting to apply for the Benefits delivery on Discharge pilot program in Germany since i currently live in Spain. I don't know all the fancy terms of my disability however i will describe and see if somebody can help with what rating i should expect. well, i have foot drop, i can't dorsiflex but i can plantarflex, i have significant spasticity in my foot which results in a pointed foot and unbalance and coordination which i have to try to correct with an AFO. i can't bend my knee all the way nor lift my leg up all the way. i can't open my hand at all however i can close itmaking it unfunctional. i do have quite a lot of muscle spasticity in my arm which makes it look like a hook. Also, i have started to have muscle atrophy in my arm and leg due to lack of use. to end it, i have about 50% decreased feeling on the left side of my body and fatigue.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet