Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Ptsd Primarcy Clinician

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Tuesday I had a appointment with my DOC after about 45 minutes of me unloading on him he apologized to me about three times for the crap that has happened to me and none of it was his fault. I have been raising hell about Segregating Veterans for sometime now, and if you dont know what I am talking about clink on the link in this sentance.

I have went around and around with numerous people at the VAMC about this issue and feel that I fall into this category, and have been denied. Thats another story and I dont care anymore.

I have written my congressman, my two senators, and all of the Senators who sit on the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs. I even have a letter to the president drafted (PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A PISSING CONTEST ABOUT THE PRESIDENT, THIS ISSUE IS ALL THE VA'S DOING FOR POSITIVE PROPAGANDA PURPOSES).

So anyway my doc tells me he had to write Senator Levin (Piece of S**t wont answer my letters) at the direction of the hospital administrator or big cheese, because of a letter a Nam Vet wrote to Levin.

The doctor is on our side, I almost fell out of my chair...............he told the Senator that all the emphasis on OEF/OIF is great, but it puts more of a workload on the Hospital and really the entire VA and this increased workload has to be accomplished with the existing staff and existing money. Which in turn pushes the Nam vets to the back of the line. This is true and my point all along, the (we) vets are being segregated.

And who is behind all of this..........................................Nicholson, what a f**k up!

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I thought President Johnson signed something in 1963 that outlawed this kind of crap.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

I thought President Johnson signed something in 1963 that outlawed this kind of crap.

sledge

Does anyone know what he is talking about?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• HadIt.com Elder

>20 YEARS FROM NOW YOU WILL BE A STORY IN THE DAV MAGAZINE HOW THE DAV HELPED YOU GET BENEFITS AFTER 20 YEARS

Hello Betrayed,

It won't be me. I don't have 20 years left.

My guess is, theres no need to to spend the time focusing on us old Vets from the view of the DOD & DAV. They know by focusing on low balling all these new vets, they have much longer to draw the benefit over their life span.

Us older vets will die soon. Our children are all grown & have no need for many of the benefits they would have paid us now.

About the only thing old disabled vets need is adequate health care. That just prolongs their lives & eases their suffering. Not beneficial to the bean counters looking for good bonuses from their buddies.

But, if someone "needs" to be in front of the line, maybe its the newer Vets... and thats OK with me,

So your completley satisfied with your rating? And you have no appeals or nothing pending that you have been waiting on?

A vet is a vet is a vet. I served 28 years active duty and no one can justify aanother vet getting cuts in the line ahead of me. First come first serve!

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

>20 YEARS FROM NOW YOU WILL BE A STORY IN THE DAV MAGAZINE HOW THE DAV HELPED YOU GET BENEFITS AFTER 20 YEARS

Hello Betrayed,

It won't be me. I don't have 20 years left.

My guess is, theres no need to to spend the time focusing on us old Vets from the view of the DOD & DAV. They know by focusing on low balling all these new vets, they have much longer to draw the benefit over their life span.

Us older vets will die soon. Our children are all grown & have no need for many of the benefits they would have paid us now.

About the only thing old disabled vets need is adequate health care. That just prolongs their lives & eases their suffering. Not beneficial to the bean counters looking for good bonuses from their buddies.

Thats not what its about, its about the f***ing VA getting good press and media coverage. It is called PROPAGANDA! Its wrong, morally wrong!

"When a new war is being conducted, veterans of prior wars, their families and programs are pushed to the bottom of the priority list. In the midst of the emotionally charged climate to support our forces in harm's way, perhaps this is somewhat understandable---------------, but absolutely not acceptable."

That is not my quote, it came from somewhere I dont remember, and to me it is not understandable AGAIN I SAY ITS PROPAGANDA to make the VA look good. :angry:

Edited by BETRAYED

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

I am sorry but this is a real sore subject with me, I have been betrayed by the DOD, the VA and then this sh1t is thrown in my face and it just dont cut it.

I go to therapy four times a week at my local VA Hospital, there is a young kid in one of my groups, I also know him from being in the psych ward with him. He was in Iraq, he is at 100% Service connected disability for Depression, no injurys, no physical problems just mental. You cant justify why he gets priority over me...................He told me he feels guilty that he has his disability but I don't and I have been waiting for years (this was before I was awarded my current rating).I told him not to feel guilty, and I dont begrudge him he is one of my brothers as all vets are, its the system and propaganda I begrudge.

Edited by BETRAYED

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T