Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Ptsd Primarcy Clinician

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Tuesday I had a appointment with my DOC after about 45 minutes of me unloading on him he apologized to me about three times for the crap that has happened to me and none of it was his fault. I have been raising hell about Segregating Veterans for sometime now, and if you dont know what I am talking about clink on the link in this sentance.

I have went around and around with numerous people at the VAMC about this issue and feel that I fall into this category, and have been denied. Thats another story and I dont care anymore.

I have written my congressman, my two senators, and all of the Senators who sit on the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs. I even have a letter to the president drafted (PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A PISSING CONTEST ABOUT THE PRESIDENT, THIS ISSUE IS ALL THE VA'S DOING FOR POSITIVE PROPAGANDA PURPOSES).

So anyway my doc tells me he had to write Senator Levin (Piece of S**t wont answer my letters) at the direction of the hospital administrator or big cheese, because of a letter a Nam Vet wrote to Levin.

The doctor is on our side, I almost fell out of my chair...............he told the Senator that all the emphasis on OEF/OIF is great, but it puts more of a workload on the Hospital and really the entire VA and this increased workload has to be accomplished with the existing staff and existing money. Which in turn pushes the Nam vets to the back of the line. This is true and my point all along, the (we) vets are being segregated.

And who is behind all of this..........................................Nicholson, what a f**k up!

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

BETRAYED,

I was refering to the Equal Rights Amendment that Preident Johnson and Gov. Wallace fought over.

The President got his way.

Discrimination based upon disability is illegal.

Congress nor the VA can pass BS rules, regulations or laws that blatantly discriminates against us or anybody else.

The VA has given 'priority' to Gulf War vets and that's unconstitutional.

Popular sentiment be damned, this is a civil rights issue because we are citizens and civilians. The Department of Veterans Affairs is not under any national security law that allows for any of the BS that we get thrown at us.

You are perfectly correct, vets is vets, 'prioity' based upon the perceived latest date of disability or injury flys in the face of the equal rights of all veterans.

'Priority' can only be based upon 'first come-first served' and anything else has to be illegal, against the law of the land and just plain wrong.

sledge

Edited by SLEDGE

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

I agree with Betrayed - after serving a little over 25 years on active duty it is very hard to swallow the fact that the VA is coming out of this smelling like a rose by screwing up the system pushing the 400 thousand that had alread filed claims to the bottom of the bag and placing these guys and gals at the top. This was only done with one thing in mind and that was to present a picture to America that the VA was a top notch organization.

At this point no matter how loud we old guys scream the desired result has already happen. In general the public thinks the VA is a God send to veterans. It is only those new veterans who just started having problems with the VA that now knows this is a crock of crap.

NO one cares - congress, white house, senate, public etc.......... out of site out of mind. You will only see a small out cry from a congress idiot if he/she thinks it will provide them with a press story which will help their re-election. Out side of that the country remains silent.

Just look at what has happened over the years and no body has done a damn thing. We were treated worse than criminals, illegal aliens and communists by being denied legal reps to assist us; we were given a f#####ed up court that is really not a court. It has no power to award a claim, its legal opinions are only binding on the VA is the Sec of VA says they are; The regulations that implement U.S. LAW allow the developer (the VA) to do so with out any real over sight; Yes, yes, yes they did develop an IG to provide oversight but have you called the IG lately to voice a complaint? I have and the answers I got from them was "we don't hanlde that sir," ok what about..........? "sorry sir we don't handle that," the called ended up in me say "well could you please just give me a hint of what the hell the VAOIG does investigate?"

So you see the system was designed to be a big PROPAGANDA outfit from the begining!!!!! You hear " the white house failed to budget in all of the cost associated with the war". No it did not! they fully understood the total cost of the war. They knew that the care of the veterans of the war would far exceed any war budget they made public. They simply allowed for a few million for the VA to treat and give quick compensation to the first few thousand guys and gals which was use to say "hey see we knew the cost and allowed for it, ole Johnny here just got his missing legs fixed up and the VA approved his claim within 30 days." When the American public bought off on this bull crap the VA went into NORMAL mode - denials of compensation and health care - business as usual. If you don't believe this just read some of the storys about guys and gals missing limbs who were denied compensation because the VA could not find or get a hold of their medical reords in order to prove service connection. YEAH RIGHT...... the veteran is sitting there in a state of numbness thinking.....YEAH RIGHT.... I was in Iraq, got my leg blown off during a mission, was medivaced to Walter Reed, treated for 6 months and then release into the care of the VA. Nah just joking Mr. VA, I was never really in Iraq and I just sit down one day and took a saw and sawed my leg off!!!!!!! what the hell was the VA thinking -----A veteran sent to them from Walter Reed with a missing limb and they deny the claim!!!!! see business as usual.

Sorry betrayed but I just wanted to rant a bit - bottom line is I AGREE with you on this issue. Many from other sites will read this and post on there sites that we are creating a conspirsy theory and laugh-----but they appear to be unable to see reality. This stuff is not made up --- it happens on a daily basis and has been happening for many many years.....

"At this point no matter how loud we old guys scream the desired result has already happen. In general the public thinks the VA is a God send to veterans."

And thats why I started my website.

I have these all the way accross the windshield of my jeep, looks like one long sticker. I have one on my rear bumper next to my disabled vet license plate.

Its called public education, so if one out of a hundred that see it look it up on the net they get educated.

And I am having this image air brushed or some other way on my spare tire cover.

"It is only those new veterans who just started having problems with the VA that now knows this is a crock of crap."

"NO one cares - congress, white house, senate, public etc.......... out of site out of mind. You will only see a small out cry from a congress idiot if he/she thinks it will provide them with a press story which will help their re-election. Out side of that the country remains silent."

"Yes, yes, yes they did develop an IG to provide oversight but have you called the IG lately to voice a complaint? I have and the answers I got from them was "we don't hanlde that sir," ok what about..........? "sorry sir we don't handle that," the called ended up in me say "well could you please just give me a hint of what the hell the VAOIG does investigate?"

I filed a malpractice complaint with VAOIG, they opened a case, the joke is they didnt do a investigation, they let a Doctor from the VAMC I was complaing about do a in house investigation. Results- no wrongdoing by the practioner

"So you see the system was designed to be a big PROPAGANDA outfit from the begining!!!!!

the American public bought off on this bull crap the VA went into NORMAL mode - denials of compensation and health care - business as usual."

These are two more items (discrimination) (VAOIG) I am adding to my list for my claim in the class action that I joined against the VA.

"Sorry betrayed but I just wanted to rant a bit - bottom line is I AGREE with you on this issue."

Dude why do feel the need to apologize, I dont feel insulted I love ya for what your saying!

"This stuff is not made up --- it happens on a daily basis and has been happening for many many years....."

Edited by BETRAYED

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T