Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam

Rate this question

drt773

Question

I had a C&P exam today. The Doc said to him it looks like a no brainer. He said for all the conditions I applied for all were severe to moderate whatever that means. Just wondering what happens next in this process and abt a guestimate of how long it might take to hear anything back? Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated at this point as I know nothing in this process. Thank you very much.

Donnie

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The results of the exam are sent back to the VARO that requested it and it is placed into your file. The results of the exam will be used by the rater to assist him/her in reaching a decision on your claim. Glad to hear that you had a plesant experience with the VA medical guys. Although you will read about the horror stories with the VA they do do some things right and should be given credit when credit is due.

As to your question on the time - it is hard to tell. Could be 60 days or it could by 2 years. It all depends on the backlog at your VARO. If you are a new veteran your claim will be given priority over the claims from other veterans who served before you. Not your fault this is just how it is. I suggest that you sit back and rest. If you have not heard something in about 90 days inquire about the status of your claim via the iris inquiry system on the VA web site. Iris is an email system in which your inquiry will be sent to the VARO handling your claim. The VA is pretty quick if you use it.

Welcome to Hadit and thank for your service. Stick around for we have many expert independant service officers who will help quide you through the VA maze that you have just entered.