Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim But Missing Mri

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

I want to file a claim for Lumbar DDD including siatic nerve and something.

I have complaints in my record while on active duty and current (with an MRI after retirement) in 2006 my doctor stated in my record

"L4 and L5 Radiocupathy As per mri 2000" this is while I was on active duty.

I cannot find that MRI from 2000.....I went to the Naval Hospital and no......not in my Cfile. But since the doctor documented it, shouldn't that be good enough with my other complaints and new MRI for a service connection.

Thanks.

Edited by yelloownumber5

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Yelloownumber5,

You may want to go back to the Naval Hosp. and go to the radiolgy department they may have the original films still...I believe that back in 2000 they started to film on CD's instead of the films. I know that a friend of mine who retired also had a MRI done prior to retirement and went back to the base hospital and they did not have the MRI films in his service medical records and they sent him to the radiology department and they were there he had to fill out a form to get a copy of them so maybe you can call that department at the naval hosp. to see if they keep them there..hope this helps.

MT

Mountain,

Yes we went back thre last month and they stated they do not have it. but my doctor did site it and put l4 l5 radiocupathy *colse*

I was going to try and claim it anyhow.............to me there is enoggt ub there.

Hello Yelloownumber5,

You may want to go back to the Naval Hosp. and go to the radiolgy department they may have the original films still...I believe that back in 2000 they started to film on CD's instead of the films. I know that a friend of mine who retired also had a MRI done prior to retirement and went back to the base hospital and they did not have the MRI films in his service medical records and they sent him to the radiology department and they were there he had to fill out a form to get a copy of them so maybe you can call that department at the naval hosp. to see if they keep them there..hope this helps.

MT