Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

Lflint33

Question

Hello everyone has anyone ever had a comp and pen eval dealing with major depression and the Q T C doctor said you got better and then the doctor that treat you at the V A write you a letter for the rating board that states you have not got better and you will not get any better due to the pain in your body( lower back ) do you all think they will go along with the treating doctor or will they go with the Q T C doctor. Also the ortho doctor wrote me a letter saying my back will never get any better.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

is your back SC? If the reason you can't work is not service connected then even if your doctor writes a statement to that effect you would be entitled to the pension unless you are getting SSD and in the future if your depression worsens you will have a hard time getting your depression properly rated you get into a vicious circle is there any chance your regular mental health doctor will write a statement saying that your depression is the reason you are disabled?

My doctor at the VA wrote the statement that "Mr. XXXXXX is considered permanently and totally disabled just by the symptoms of his PTSD regardless of what other medical problems he has, and it is in my opinion that after suffering with PTSD for over 30 years that he will not ever be able to return to the workforce in any type of work"

if you give them non SC reasons for your disability it gives them a way to deny you TDIU or award the 100% my GAFs had been scored in the 30-40 range for over 2 years at that point, they still awarded me 50% and I had to appeal and it took another year before they gave me another C&P and awarded me the 100% P&T that me symptoms showed me to be at.

If you give them a reason to deny your claim they will use it then beat you to death with it

if your back is NOT service connected then don't try and use it in your claim unless you are not entitled to SSD and you need the pension.....

Yes Testvet my back is service connected and my mental health doctor at the V A wrote me a letter saying my back is causing the depression and my Gaf has been 50 for four years.

• HadIt.com Elder

then you shouldn't have a problem TDIU I would think should be a no brainer but then it is the VA lol