Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinions

Rate this question

qrdgv2tebc

Question

Hi

I sent the form i got off of Hadit, MRC 136-01-908 medical opinion by VA providers for varo claims. on the form i put down what i am S/C for, and what i was putting in a claim for, isigned it and sent to VA-OPC Clinic, and to the doctor who diagnosed me to have depression due to chronic pain from my S/C disabilities.

She sent it to my promary doctor, who in turn sent to the patient rep, the patient rep said that he would not provide the information to me, but that they would give me a medical certificate.

I have read the VHA directive.

Can anyone tell me why they wont fill out the form, and would a medical certificate be helpful to me.

all input welcome.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Just my opinions here.

The OPC and the PCP did not want to fill it out, and they have the right to refuse.

The patient rep is going to send you a medical certificate, that unless I am mistaken will do you no good.

I believe the Medical Certificate will just list the current conditions you have but not list anything speculating as to their causability.

Some doctors just do not want to fill out any nexus type form. They feel that even tho the VA has said its ok for them to fill it out, that if they do they hurt their future careers with the VA. It probably adds to the fear when they see the words VARO on the form.

Other doctors do not want to fill them out because some doctors feel it is wrong to opine something when it might go againt what another doctor says, basically protecting their own kind no matter if it costs the patient.

While the above type are far outweighed by the amount of good caring doctors out there, these types still do exist. It just appears to me you ran into some of them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask your SO to have the VA schedule a C&P exam. The 2000 directive is old. The VCAA makes provisions requiring the VA to schedule C&P exams. I think people are taking that form you got to doctors outside the VA when they get a bad C&P.