Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope Help Please...

Rate this question

notime362

Question

B) I received my long awaited envelope on Friday. stating more info must be sent( more documents such as verifiable stressors - which I have - combat medals (check), as well as a list of all names that are involved with my stressor (check). My question is related to the response block. Am I to check the block that states this is all the info I have, so they can begin to judge the claim on my verifiable stressors? Do I also include dates to the Suicide Hot-Line, as well as a story as to how PTSD has affected my life in so many ways. Thanks all...

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

B) I received my long awaited envelope on Friday. stating more info must be sent( more documents such as verifiable stressors - which I have - combat medals (check), as well as a list of all names that are involved with my stressor (check). My question is related to the response block. Am I to check the block that states this is all the info I have, so they can begin to judge the claim on my verifiable stressors? Do I also include dates to the Suicide Hot-Line, as well as a story as to how PTSD has affected my life in so many ways. Thanks all...

Yes check the block that says this is it. If you do not the post determination team will hang on to the claim instead of sending it to the rating board. Even if they send it to the rater you will still have more time to send in new evidence as obtained until the claim is rated. However, if you have verifiable stressors, combat medals, the list of names asked for and a diagnosis of PTSD you should have no problem.

YES write the statement about how this has affected your life and the life of your family. Get statement from all of those close to you (spouse, mom, dad, brother, sister, friends), anyone who can say they deal with you almost daily and this is what PTSD has done to you. Make sure they stay away from medical conclusions/diagnosis type statements: Steve has PTSD - better since Steve was diagnosed with PTSD........... Steve' PTSD caused him to be depressed - better said: since being diagnosed with PTSD Steve seems to have no interest in anything. He stays to himself and spends hours alone in his computer room. He seldom showers and shaves etc.......... This is a simple example but should give you an idea of what I am speaking of.

Also in your statement include the suicide line calls and how you were feeling at the time if you can without forceing yourself back into that mode.

Good luck with your claim.

Edited by Ricky