Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployability Form...

Rate this question

BackProbs

Question

I recently filed a claim for increase of my 20% disability ratings as my service connected disability is worsening with age. I have a back injury from a motor vehicle accident in which I was thrown from the vehicle in 1994.

I am 33 y/o now and I frequent my back doctor who, at this time has me on Bioelectrical treaments and PT along with steroroids, ibuprofin and muscle relaxers. I'm afraid what my quality of life will be when I'm 53.

In recent years, the back pain is getting more unbearable and there are more frequent episodes in which I'm unable to walk or move for 3 to 5 days in a row. Also concerning is that I have always had a shooting paid down my legs since the accident, but lately my hips and knees are giving out and I am experiencing some pain in these areas..

The VA scheduled my exam to evaluate my condition. During the exam the Dr. noted that I had compression and fractured vertabrae and my compensating for these injuries is almost certainly creating the strain on my legs, hips and knees. As a result, more pain in those extremities.

QUESTION:

The VA sent me a form 21-8940 VETERAN'S APPLICATION FOR INCREASEDCOMPENSATION BASED ON UNEMPLOYABILITY. At this point I'm employeed. Although I have missed many days, altering between sick days and unscheduled vacation, while laying face down on the hard floor in my home to minimize the pain, I am able to work most days. My fear is that if I fill this form out and submit it, the VA will contact my employer and they may classify me as a risk because I'm disabled (legal or not, it happens).

Is filling this form out and submitting it claiming that I'm unable to work at all and will they contact my current employer and for what?

I can still get an increase w/o being Unemployable, I assume.

Thanks for the information in advance.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet