Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Inspector General

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

I just fired off a Statement of case to the Regional office today concerning a claim that the RO had closed in 2004 without sending any information regarding to the closure of the case. It really fired me up. I see several posts on this site of people who have been scammed by the same malicious fraud. ( Cases that should be a slam dunk, however the RO's do everything to avoid giving a C@P to a veteran.) I am totally frustrated with the process and I have already contacted congress and not I want to contact the Inspector General. Has anyone ever contacted the IG and if so what were the results?

John

Edited by jstacy

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

The IG- yes- I received a response from them yesterday-

their jurisdiction is quite intricate- you have to shape a complaint to fit into it---

The response I got from the VARO was better- they started moving very quickly to resolve my i3 year old issues-

But based on what you posted -this is not at all an IG matter-

you said:

"I just fired off a Statement of case to the Regional office today concerning a claim that the RO had closed in 2004 without sending any information regarding to the closure of the case. It really fired me up"

A Statement of the Case is what they send us- not vice versa-you should have receive one telling you what they needed from you-or giving you the opportunity to file a Notice of Disagreement.

What were the last statements they made in reference to this claim?

What is the date of their last letter?

Berta, it was actually a statemant in support of claim. The last correspondance I received was sept 10 2004.

I had until sept 19 2004 to send in addiotional information. I did send it send the additional information before Sept 19. ( Sept 13 to be exact.) I reviewed this information in the claims folder. The evidence I sent in is in there. I apologize for typing so bad but it is difficult becaise my left hand has paralyiys. Last week I had a heart Cath and I have been diagnosed with Hypertensive Vascular and Hypertensive Heart disease along with DMII. I cannot Service connect one without the other.

I will attach a copy of the statement in support of claim. ( I have blocked out the persomal information)

This is utterly frustrating.

John- that Statement in Support of Claim- you stated this very well!

You covered the bases and argued your point in an aggressive way-concise and excellent!

Now I get the picture- looks like they really screwed up-

This has to generate some sort of response from them-

I am thinking that maybe you should write to the Director of that VARO and send them copy of this and ask them what is what----

If you tell me which VARO I can find out their director's name and post it-

This IS the kind of stuff we should gripe to Congress about- but that often holds up a claim that-if they did their job right -it could succeed---

I have a similar situation with one of my claims-Utterly frustrating-you said and many here can sure relate to that----and I say this is unconscionable that the very system that vets need can cause more stress to the veteran-I sure hope your SO gives you good support on this---

(Sometimes I think their VARO training involves classes called F the vet)

John I contacted the IG about four months before I received my rating for IU/P&T. I charged the VA with fraud waste and abuse because they sent out a bogus rating letter to me. ( went to RO and was told that the letter was a mistake)I stated to them that I felt that with a such a heavy backload of claims how could they have time to send out mistaken and inaccurate rating letters?A waste of time, energy, and resources. A month later I had four C& Ps scheduled and was awarded most of what I claimed three months later.

Pearl

Edited by pearl

Hi Pearl!!!! missed you---

The vet rep at 800 just told me my claim has had a lot of action this week already- I wrote to the IG a few weeks ago-within days things started happening- the claims have been worked on-(so they say)

but I think maybe they are just folding my stuff into paper airplanes and waiting for a nice day to fly them out the window --

John Stacy- I just realised something- have you called the 800# and asked the vet rep to go to the VACOLs screen? or the appeals screen?

I forgot to today and the 800 rep gave me the old rendition- sent SSOC December-that was it-

then I realised I forgot to say appeals-and asked him to go to the VACOL screen and I got the info I needed-

Years ago a vet rep said I had no claims there at all- he was not looking at the right screen-

if you dont say appeals or VACOLS screen those 800s wont think ahead to look there.

Also all- sometimes it helps to ask them what the COVERS screen says- it gives the actual physical place where the c file and claims are-like at DRO-at appeals team- with VSR stuff like that-

John it would be great to get them to acknowledge that claim as still open-ASAP-

you could also send them a service complaint via the VA web site-

and this would give you hard copy response from that VARO.

Hi Pearl!!!! missed you---

The vet rep at 800 just told me my claim has had a lot of action this week already- I wrote to the IG a few weeks ago-within days things started happening- the claims have been worked on-(so they say)

but I think maybe they are just folding my stuff into paper airplanes and waiting for a nice day to fly them out the window --

John Stacy- I just realised something- have you called the 800# and asked the vet rep to go to the VACOLs screen? or the appeals screen?

I forgot to today and the 800 rep gave me the old rendition- sent SSOC December-that was it-

then I realised I forgot to say appeals-and asked him to go to the VACOL screen and I got the info I needed-

Years ago a vet rep said I had no claims there at all- he was not looking at the right screen-

if you dont say appeals or VACOLS screen those 800s wont think ahead to look there.

Also all- sometimes it helps to ask them what the COVERS screen says- it gives the actual physical place where the c file and claims are-like at DRO-at appeals team- with VSR stuff like that-

John it would be great to get them to acknowledge that claim as still open-ASAP-

you could also send them a service complaint via the VA web site-

and this would give you hard copy response from that VARO.

Berta, I'm glad that your claim is moving, and I hope that they are not flying around your evidence( but you know the VA). What will be the outcome of your claim be if all your issues are approved? Will they owe you lots of back retro? When your daughter separated did she file for any comp and are her claims going okay? It should be easier since they now get VA briefings before they're discharged. Take care.

Pearl