Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Most Recent Update On Clain Feb. 14, 2006

Rate this question

Guest Jim S.

Question

Not sure what it means, but file is on Team Leaders Desk, May be waiting for further develpment, could be waiting to schedule a C&P, Could be waiting for an IMO on the Whole record. Or the least likely, to be sent to Rated for a decision. I got to go check my mail to see if their is anything their from the week end. I haven't checked since friday.

But it's into town for supplies, so I can huddle down and wait. LoL :lol: Why can't they all use the same turminology when they talk about your claim. One can say one thing and another will say much the same, but use different terminology to say it.

Or they can just number the steps and tell you it on one, two, or step three, so you have some idea where along the process your claim is, but I guess that would be to easy for them to come up with something so simple.

Got to go, daylight is burning.

Jim S. B)

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Come on Guys and Gals, don't you like guessing games, gee wizz, the VA does, I think they have this giant wheel they spin and were it stops, is how they determine what to do with your claim. LoL LoL :lol: B)

Not funny to you and me, but i bet the people at the VA are having a riot of a time playing their games.

Anyway, checked my mail on the way in, back from town and nothing new to report, you'll all just have to play the waiting game with me. Are we having fun yet? :blink:

Well back to reading all the new posts.

Jim S. B)

Jim- you have made some very interesting points at hadit-

it feels like a game!- I call it a war of the words too-

CUES- I have 2 -one is presently with an appeals team coach-

and the VA said in a letter that they want to change my other CUE as a re-open into a different type of CUE. ??? -no way-

- they want to snooker me-

This is so outrageous it is almost comical-to read their letter ---

but it is also very sad-when one understands the situation---

They have to rate heart disease in my husband, significant in the VA medical records for 6 years- never treated and never diagnosed by VA until after he died.

My specific CUE they mean here is on the lack of rating for heart disease-

100% under 1151 for 3 months in 1988 , then a staged rating up to 1992 then to 100% again for two years up to his death in 1994.

They (VARO)dont know how the heck to handle that claim-I asked them point blank what their "rationale " is -as the CUE they are referring to is solid as it is and the VA had the evidence for 6 years in their med records.They(2 VAMCS) figured no one would ever find out their horrible numerous medical screw ups.

And the VARO never dreamed this stuff would come back to bite them in the _ss.

My philosophy -when they play games-(because it does feel that way- doesn't it) is to use their games- and their words and their medical documentation

against THEM.

Edited by Berta

Jim,

I'm so glad you have reached the Maalox moment. The one that gnaws at your stomach as your mind says, "Finally! I can't wait to hear the decision...but I'm not sure I want to...yes, I do...no, I don't... yes...no. YES!"

I wish you the very best in this.

Berta,

Wanting to change your CUE sounds way over the top. You can bet it's a maneuver to put VA into a better position to deny something down the road. They should know by now that they can't snooker you!

It occurred to me the other day that a CUE is a CUE, even to the VA. In other words, if VA calls CUE on itself, then it cannot be because of the way medical evidence was interpreted. It must be a legal error. Could it be that they are trying to change your CUE to a reopen to give them more latitude for arguing the interpretation of medical evidence? Or, if another kind of CUE, to fit it into a more arguable legal error?

Those who are reviewing your file must get ready for work looking for their Ritalin.

Carrie

I say Amen to Berta's post. Use their own ammo against them. It does seem like a cruel game that is sometimes played, unfortunately some of us are hurt worse than before during this cat and mouse play. If they all used the same terminology they know that we could figure out what is really going on with our claims. I am in same boat waiting on a decision. The worst part is over for me though as they have already awarded me 100%. It's just a matter of getting the appropriate retro for me. I hope it turns out well for you.

Pearl

Carrie- I was talking to my local vet rep about this and he said it looked like they really wanted to address this as a CUE for direct SC death- sure they do-

I could support my PTSD -causing heart disease claim-or have them grant it as a CUE for direct SC that way-

I already sent them some evidence from a SOC (that the actual doctor's report expounded on further) that definitely associated those two conditions-saying that Rod's tormented state from the war could have caused his heart disease-and strokes I forget exactly what it said----also another VA doctor said in a SOC that Rod's PTSD exerbated his strokes considerably and vice versa- good evidence there-

but I threw that PTSD -heart claim in only to deal with them over the main claim- AO -diabetes and heart disease-some leverage-(actually this is what is beginning to occur now)

It could work- they could award- but a direct SC death due to PTSD contributing heart disease means- they would keep over 11 years of Nehmer DIC and also-even worse- again avert the true issue-

that my kid and I want to VA to admit fully to how they killed my husband.It was the AO diabetes, that was never diagnosed and that is what caused his heart disease and strokes.

I really dont want direct SC death under any other decision but that.