Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Oh My God

Rate this question

SLEDGE

Question

Excuse my placement of this post as I'm not thinking straight.

I will attend this funeral.

I 'may' be jailed for whatever.

This crap makes me ill.

TITLE;

"Hate Group To Protest Funeral"

A Kansas Group Known for it's placards denouncing homosexuality is planning to protest the funeral of a McDonald County soldier killed last week in Irag.

Funeral services for Pfc. Christopher L. Marion are set for 1 p.m. Saturday at Ozark Funeral Home in Anderson, Missoiuri.

Marion was killed on Feb. 22 when an improvised explosive device detonated near his Humvee.

Three other soldiers were also killed in the blast.

An official with the Westboro Babtist Church said Thursday morning about a dozen members plan on protesting Marion's funeral Saturday.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, a Topeka, Kan., attorney and daughter of church founderthe Rev. Fred Phelps, said it was "the American Taliban" who sent Marion into harm's way.

According to Phelps-Roper, God is punishing America for it's support of homosexuality by killing soldiers "through Muslim IED's"

"They've turned the country over to the fags, and they're coming home in body bags," Phelps-Roper said in a telephone interview from the group's Topeka headquarters Thursday morning.

Her words have been included in church communications, including faxes sent to newpapers.

The church, according to it's web page www.godhatesfags.com, says U.S. soldiers killed overseas face the fiery torment of hell as punishment for the nation's support of homosexuality.

And the group protests funerals as a means of warning those attending that "unless they repent, they will likewise perish."

"If you hear the trumpet blasting in the city and you don't warn the people, their blood will be on your hands," Phelps-Roper said.

"There is a God. America has sinned away her day of grace."

The church, made up largely of members of the Phelps family, has picketed the funerals of homosexuals for years.

Recently, it expanded it's protests to include members of the armed forces killed in action in Irag and Afghanistan.

Signs carried by protesters at a Lincoln, Neb., soldier's funeral recently included slogans like

"God Sent the IED's," a reference to the roadside bombs which has killed many soldiers and Marines.

Other slogans included "God Hates America," "Don't Pray For the USA," and "God Hates You."

Meanwhile, protesters at the Nebraska funeral shouted slogans such as "God is your enemy" and sang the words "God hates America, land of the fags."

A new Missouri Statute, signed into law under an emergency clause Feb. 23 would limit funeral protests to within an hour before and an hour after service times.

And protesters are prohibited from being "in front of or about" the building where the service is to be conducted.

The provision also covers funeral homes and cemeteries.

Many other states are considering are considering similar legislation.

Phelps-Roper held Missouri's new law in distain and said it would not be a deterrent to the protest.

"The new law is a big fat nothing," she said.

"It's a feel good measure by the Missouri Taliban."

"The new law just says "in front of or about."

"If we're across the street or down the street, there's nothing included about that."

The newspaper article also states that law enforcement personel will be on hand, in force, to enforce Missouri law at the funeral.

This funeral is about 15 minutes from my place.

sledge

p.s. Do American Babtists really support the Islamic Terrorist agenda or is this crap from a bunch of wannabes?

Edited by SLEDGE

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

There is a group of motocyclists that are traveling around the country going to the funerals that these !@#$%^!@#$%^& people are protesting. They position themselves between the families morning their loved ones and the protestors. They get approval from the veterans families before the funeral.

Edited by otey2171

Guest Jim S.

I Hate People Who Abuse The Freedoms Of This Country, Just So They Can Force Their Belief's On Others and In Doing So, Persecute Those Who Would DIE and Have, to Protect This Freedom For Them.

What these people do not realize, is if we as a nation started deafying all those who the bible say are damed in the eyes of the lord for their way of life, they themselces would find they did not have most of the rights they injoy today.

They wouldn't have a say in what religeon they could worship, or even which version of the bible, Tora, or Koran, they could read. No this country as a whole would be much more different than it is today if we started persecuting Homosexuals and/or Lesbian's.

The Taliban and/or Alkeda believe in strict, however misguided beleif that their way of life is the right one and whoever disabress with them, must die as if a cancer on earth and against their belief. They may have laws that prohibit them from sexual acts upon their own, but if they are an enamy of Islam, Then it is OK to rape and torture those they fight against them and their belief.

In a Free country such as ours, you would never be told who, where, when , or how to worship your beliefs.

Who would say that the religeon these protesters believe in would be the one and only one that could be worshiped should things be different.

These are things happen when a group takes things they believe in to the extreme, they tramp on the very fiber of the freedoms they injoy, as in no other country around. In a country such as ours, you must accept cirtain things that are contrary to your own belief, so that you can live in a country with all these freedoms.

Homosexual's are not a threat to your freedom, they are only something that you disdain as a sin against God. The one passage or statement I learned as a child and has remained with me today. "Let he with out sin, cast the first stone." He's not talking about the sin you believe to be Homosexuality, it is that you have nothing in your life, done nothing that may be concidered sinfull.

I can see another extreme in religeon. They will not even allow their children the benefit of medical care in any form it takes, believing they can cure the person with the power of prayer, and it goes against every thing they believe, that if a blood transfusion is needed, they would rather die than have it done. Thus most life saving surgeries could not be performed.

No! When religeon is taken to the extremes, it usually has an impact on individual freedoms and the very notions of Freedom of the People, by the People, and for the People.

Spew all the stuff of freedom of speech and look at the stuff the Arian Nation say, This country is for the white race and the religious right, whatever that is, but it certainly doesn't mean freedom of religeon. They mean their idea of Race and religeon, not certainly mine.

No! as long as we injoy our Freedoms, their will be those who abuse them, believing that they are doing what is right, even when faced with the hippocracy of their action. That without the freedoms they enjoy, most assuradly they would be worshiping a different religeon or face their own persecution.

I believe in the Great Spirit and how the whole of nature guides use everyday, does that make me a heritic in the eyes of these people and should be persicuted for it and damed to Hell by them for not believing in an all powerful God or his only begotten Son.

Give me a Break, their protest is plain laughable, if it wasn't so hurtful and mean spirited to those who are their to honor their own, in their way, and in their belief, in a Free country that allows such things.

I wonder why they call me crazy, maybe their is someone out their to get me.

Jim S. :)

Comrades,

I don't care what anyone believes about the present or Hereafter.

I care in the extreme if someone forces their misguided ideas of freedom of religion on the bereaved family of a bonofide war hero.

To me, this issue is not about homos or the Great Satan.

It's about misusing the freedoms that we fought for to harrass the family of a fallen soldier.

I'll be there with 3 cameras and all of the friends that I can find.

If the bikers show up I'll be on their side and in their midst.

This BS has got to stop somewhere and the time is now.

sledge

I ran into these people back in the 70"s. They damn near closed down the Kansas state gov. The whole family is made up of lawyers. I seemed to recall that a lot of them loss they're lic.

one of the things, back then, that they wanted "was women should wear black, during they're period.

While stationed in KS, one of the men approached my wife and gave her some SH##., about her being in uniform. I was surprised that she didn't punch his lights out.

Larry Jones

Comrades,

I attended the funeral of Christopher Marion today at 1:00 p.m.

It was orderly, reverent and attended by over a hundred veterans from several different states and of course, all of the local mourners, which were many.

I neither saw nor heard any of the predicted protesters.

The lack of visible protesters today does not mean that the protesters from Topeka, Kansas have given up their quest to disrupt the funerals of fallen US servicemen/women.

They were simply stopped today by a large force of local and state police agencies.

I don't think the protesters even got themselves caught on camera.

In line with the protesters past, the denial of their disruption of today's funeral will very likely promote the filing of numerous lawsuits against everyone involved with stopping their illegal demonstration.

I'm only sorry that my name couldn't be added to the list.

The Topeka Jerks are very accomodating in that they tell everyone where they will be next.

The 'Patriot Guard' has vowed to stop their demonstrations and to place themselves between the Topeka Jerks and the families of the fallen soldiers and the Patriot Guard has my full support.

I was proud to stand next to them today.

Hopefully, as the Patriot Guard attends future funerals that need to be protected from the Topeka Jerks, I'll be there with them.

Like Hanoi Jane, these people, the Topeka Jerks, consort with the enemy and that makes them traitors.

Disrupting funerals is just a passtime for them.

Be cool,

sledge