VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Benefits For Spouse & Dependents?

Rate this question

Rizz19D

Question

I just received my rating at 40% SC today and remember reading that family members are entitled to some benefits for anything rated over 30%. I can't remember where I saw this and can't seem to find any specific information on it, am I wrong about this or is there somewhere that can provide this information? Thanks to all of you <_<

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If the veteran has a 40% disability rating, there are no benefits available FOR THE SPOUSE OR OTHER DEPENDENTS.

That said, if a veteran has greater than a 30% rating, the veteran will receive additional compensation. Here is the link to see what it might be: http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/comp01.htm .

You will need to contact your local VARO and tell them about your spouse and dependents; this likely was mentioned someplace within the boiler plate information in your award letter. Send in a VA Form 21-4138 with the info; be prepared for a response letter, asking for a copy of a marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc. If your children are over age 19, you will need to show that they are full-time students.

:angry: Yes you and your dependants are entitled to more money. Go on the VONAPP website and file a VA Form 21-686C (Declaration Of Status Of Dependents) Any VA rating of 30% percent or high would entitle you to get more money on a monthly basis, but you have to file the VA Form 21-686C in order to get the increase. The increase will depend on the number of dependents you are taking care of (ie; WIFE and KIDS).