Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Everyone Needs To Read!

Rate this question

javlin90

Question

I was at the VARO (I won't mention which one) while speaking to a veterans benefits counselor I was told I could not receive my retirement pay and disability pay (I'm rated 100%) at the same time it's against the law. I was also told my VA disability is not retroactive from my retirement date, I retired in Aug 2005.

I had to correct the individual and site new laws. The response was: things are changing so much it's hard to keep up with them........ Who's training these people!

A week later I called the 1-800 number to find out where my check was since I received a letter saying I would receive a check within 15 days.... I was told the same thing by another VBC I corrected the individual. I give the person credit for checking on it, doing some research and calling me back within an hour. But the person told me about the same: things are changing so fast they can't keep up with them. This law went into effect Jan 2005.

PLEASE TRAIN THESE FOLKS PROPERLY! I WONDER HOW MANY OTHER VETERANS JUST TURNED AWAY AND SAID WELL I GUESS THAT"S THE WAY IT IS......

Edited by javlin90

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet