Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Schedular And Military Retirement Pay

Rate this question

vaf

Question

Hi, just wanted to check something. If my husband is 100% schedular, not TDIU, can he receive 100% of his military retirement pay, as well? Right now, he's receiving partial military retirement pay (concurrent receipt). Thanks.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Well, it's been some kind of morning.

I printed up the stuff Ricky provided the link for (thanks so much, Ricky!), and then called my husband to tell him about it. Come to find out that my husband had just gotten off the phone with some idiot named "Ken" at the VARO who told him all he was paid to do was answer the phone, not get any faxes off the machine or send them, either (we wanted to fax them copies of their own rating decisions - again - to show them their math was wrong). And that there's no such thing as 95% on the combined rating table. All I can say is that it' a good thing we live over four hours from the VARO or else there might have been trouble.

Anyway, after he told me about the conversation, I asked him to call the VA's IG ofice, and I ended up e-mailing an inspector there about 1) the conversation this morning, and 2) the problem we're trying to fix regarding the VA's unwillingness to follow the combined ratings table in 38 CFR, Part 4.

OK now, we have contacted to date, the IG, the VARO, the BVA, the AMC, our two U.S. Seantors and our one U.S. Congressman, the Veterans Disability Commission and the President.

Have I left anyone out besides Oprah and Jerry Springer?