Question

• HadIt.com Elder

FW: BIRTH DEFECTS STUDY FOR NAM VETERANSDate: Apr 28, 2011 4:16 AM

From: sp5kelley2nd94th@aol.com [mailto:sp5kelley2nd94th@aol.com]

Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:04 PM

To: sp5kelley2nd94th@aol.com

Subject: BIRTH DEFECTS STUDY FOR NAM VETERANS

BIRTH DEFECTS STUDY FOR NAM VETERANS

There are a few of us that have spent years trying to get our presumptive disorders associated as well as exhausted our own dollars in that task. Not for any one of us but for all of us in issues that our own government…

...has not been as truthful or as candid as they should be in any honest government

...unrealistic scientific requirements for associations that do not belong in health care and compensation decisions

...tried to fight good science creating bad science

...the influence peddling of the chemical companies

...fight what I call assassin scientists

...even trying to get our VSO’s to do more than just try and make friends in congress

WE HAVE NO FRIENDS IN CONGRESS, PRESIDENTS, AND NONE IN THE OLD GUARD AT VETERANS AFFAIRS!

THIS IS ALL ABOUT MONEY - NOT THE SUFFERING OF BOTH VETERAN AS WELL AS DAMAGED OFFSPRING because of “government mistakes“.

And so forth - all of you know the battles we have fought. While not winning the war we did win a few battles for all of us.

I recall at our first 2/94th Battalion Reunion and asked for those with children with birth defects please stand up. One of our former Battalion Commanders looked up at me with his eyes welling up and said and I quote: “I had no idea it was this bad.”

We have a chance to get a birth defects study provided that you act by a single effort of going to a website.

Now Betty at the Birth Defects Registry (http://www.birthdefects.org/) has been “march order” on this task for as long as I can remember and now we have a chance to get it done.

From what I can tell this will be out of National Institute of Health and one of about only five scientist I personally have come to trust in this issue, for whatever that is worth to you, to state the facts will be associated; not what some one wants them to state or in many cases not state or mis-characterize; or try to prove to some unrealistic standard that will not ever be reached as a stalling/denial tool.

Please go to the following link: Link to NIESH Strategic Planning page:

http://strategicplan.niehs.nih.gov/a/ideafactory.do?id=12617&mode=hot&discussionFilter=active

Go to the right side of the page and click on:

Children's Centers To Study Prenatal Effects of Dioxins

…and include your support for this study that not only applies to Vietnam Veterans but our entire civilian population as well as any industrialized nation where dioxin(s) plural have been on the rise. Not just from herbicides but other sources as well.

We have to get this done by April 30 so please do not put it off. I am late getting this out because of working on a presentation in May in Atlantic City and I had pneumonia.

The other groups that I send out to please alert your membership as well. We should be able to put 1,000’s of names of support for this study that is about 30 years too late.

In addition, I would like to say that just because you are a Vietnam Veteran or Herbicide Veteran in other geographical areas with offspring with no noticeable physical damages does not mean they were not impacted in other ways such as immune system and endocrine system issues - hormone imbalances - even slowed learning capacity or attention deficient disorders…etc.

And lets us not forget of the possible follow on issues by even our grandchildren.

Let’s all get behind this issue and force the choice to do this study by just overwhelming numbers.

Thanks for your support,

Kelley

PS --- for the Battalion membership … the reunion this year looks like it is going to one of the largest if not the largest so far. Let us know if you are coming or planning on coming at:

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/2011reunion/2011reunion.htm

Thanks again and best to all,

Kelley

"Keep on, Keepin' on"

Dan Cedusky, Champaign IL "Colonel Dan"

See my web site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/VeteranIssues/

http://www.facebook.com/dan.cedusky

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question