Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Explain What And Or Means In Diagnastic Code 7806

Rate this question

KDM

Question

This is Diagnostic code 7806 does this mean that either your body is 40 percent effected or the Corticosteroids in use it can be either one correct not both one or the other?

More than 40 percent of the entire body or more than 40 percent of

exposed areas affected, or; constant or near-constant systemic therapy

such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required

during the past 12-month period................................................................................ 60

20 to 40 percent of the entire body or 20 to 40 percent of exposed areas

affected, or; systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other

immunosuppressive drugs required for a total duration of six weeks

or more, but not constantly, during the past 12-month period...................................... 30

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

NP, Good luck. I'm fighting to get Eczema added, if I do it looks like I'll be at 30%. It should be 60%, but I was on medication when I went and doc said it covered about 30% at the time. Without meds it's over 50%, I tried to go off the meds for a little while before the exam... but I just couldn't take it and went back on them. So bad I couldn't even get to sleep at night.

I tale a topicall steroid consistantly for over thirty years and my skin disease covers more then five but less then twenty percent of my body so I am only at ten percent service connected thanks to the explanation from velscar, I recently I went for an upgrade and I also went to my doctor and asked for the oral pills of Hydrocorizone fro 6 weeks or more during the next year and let them use the new rulings as they wait to slesh out my claim and due to my diseases and its progression and the time 30 years the constant itching and scaling etc and it falling under 7806 this will allow my to hopefully get an increase to 30 to sixty percent more

Have you actually been on Corticosteroids for six weeks or more the last year, or are you trying to have them put you on them??? Your rating won't go up until you have had a full 6 week course and it is in your medical record. If this is what you are appealing, in your other thread and you havent completed the 6 week's of treatment you will most likely lose(well partially). If you think that you will have had a six week course of treatment by the time your appeal is decided, all I can say is "staged rating".

Best regards,

I have been on a topical Corticosteroid for thrity years with no results but i am service connected, So if I am put on a oral steroid Corticosteroid for six weeks or more before a year is up that will make me eligable for and increase as long as its for six weeks consistantly within a year correct?