VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Please (Evidence Overdue)

Rate this question

seahawkfan

Question

My ebenefits status just updated and is still in the gathering of evidence phase but now states that there is evidence requested overdue. I clicked into it and it shows evidence requested from third party is overdue. Several things just military record type stuff. Is there anything I need to do about this. It never even shown before that evidence was requested just straight to evidence requested overdue. It does show that the qtc c and p exam they requested has been received.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I called the VA about this as I too, showed that a third party information was overdue, kind of like a C&P exam. They lady on the phone said that this was the VA requesting information from hospitals, but I wonder which hospital cause I submitted everything they needed. Either way, I beleive that if they indeed requested third party information it can take up to 180 days to get it, which is why it maybe showing overdue. Just call them and see what informaiton they are exactly waiting for. Good luck!

This is the overdue items from third party seems like stuff they should be able to get easily or I have already sent them.

What Do We Still Need From Others?

This is a list of all items that have been requested from 3rd parties.

Items From Date Requested Due Date help_icon.gif Follow-Up Dates help_icon.gif Requested separation documents. 02/25/2014 03/27/2014 Requested discharge, release, separation, and retirement documents. 02/25/2014 03/27/2014 Requested orders and endorsement documents. 02/25/2014 03/27/2014 Requested chronological history of all assignments. 02/25/2014 03/27/2014 Requested commendatory items, such as medals, awards, citations, devices, badges, and pins. 02/25/2014 03/27/2014

It looks like your initial claim right out of the military. It takes an avarage of 6-12 months for them to adjudicate initial claims. Mine took 6 months. They do put priority on the OIF/OEF folks, which I'm sure you are coded as such. This only applies to the first year of you retiring/separating...after that, good luck!!

Edited by T-M