Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Opinion On A C&p Exam?

Rate this question

Akaymik

Question

I sent an IRIS about my claim a few days ago and go this response:

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated May 8, 2014.

We are grateful for your service to our country.

Status of Claim

Your claim is currently in the Development Phase of processing. This phase is where we gather all the evidence we need in order to make a decision on your claim. Our systems show that we are currently waiting for a response to our recent letter dated May 11, 2014. Based on the information available to us a medical opinion may be needed with regard to one of your examinations. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you.

Currently, claims at the Phoenix Regional Office are taking about eleven months to complete. Please understand that these time frames are only averages, and that your claim may take longer based upon the specifics of your claim and VA’s pending workload.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

I'm just wondering, why would there be a need for a medical opinion about one of my C&P exams? Does this mean a separate medical opinion or just more information from the person that provided the opinion?

Thanks,

Amanda

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I had one C&P Exam that they had to send back as the report was incomplete and another which should have been sent back for clarification but wasn't. Instead, the rater just guessed about the medical information. Now I get to claim CUE.

Bill