Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible Earlier Effective Date

Rate this question

Army Chic

Question

Hello Everyone. I am thinking about putting in a request for an earlier effective date for my IU. I was approved for 50% migraines in March of 2012. A rater at the time deferred IU. She put in my c-file "invite veteran to file IU due to condition effecting ability to maintain employment" (something like that). I filed in October 2012, and had an exam in July 2013. Now prior to my exam, I called in and requested them hold off on my decision due to me being pregnant at the current time (had baby two weeks later). Well they wouldn't reschedule. I went to the exam and the doctor couldn't give a medical opinion due to me being pregnant (even though he had sufficient records from my prior migraine exam). The rater didn't look at my previous records/c&p exam and denied me automatically.

Fast foward to 2014. I was approved for IU, but they denied my request for an earlier date. My one year for that claim (EED) is approaching, so I want to try to research as much as possible before putting in the NOD. Is there some type of regulation regarding this situation/incomplete exam or should I just take it as a loss?

Thanks in advance

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet