VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In Decision Approval -Should I Add Evidence -Yes Or No?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

Back in Feb 2015, I had what looks like my final CP Exams for this first ever FDC Claim. Consequently, 98%of my SMR evidence was turned in originally with the first claim as well. So, during the exams I handed the SMRS and some other CT/MRI Evidence that I had gotte just after I turned my intial claim in to the Docs and they both said, Do you want this added to your claim and I said.."absolutley!". Anyway, this week I found out that the records were not scanned into the VBMS system and no one at the CBOC or RO can confirn that they received the hard-copies at the RO? When I asked the CBOC what their SOP for this kind of action was, to ship the CP exam record to the RO- andthey were not sure? Also, I can see the actual CP electronic exams in "MyhealthyVet" Bluse Button so at least that got done?

Anyway, since, I'm close to a decision now on this claim, should I just ride it out and hope for the best at this stage of the game? The other option is to make an issue of it which with the RO which may delay my claim substantially? I'm already very concerned because as soon as I had the CP exams and submitted the 5103 waiver, my claim quickly jumped from gathering evidence to the Decision Approval Stage...and I know that fast is not always better--but we'll see???

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

rootbeer22,

Someone may have already suggested it but if not I would email Undersecretary Hickey ASAP. Contacting her would probably result in the records being added to your claim and possibly speed up the processing of your claim. JMO

allison.hickey@va.gov

Good luck.

GP