Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions for Elders ...one at a time... 4th - Deadline for Submitting Evidence to the BVA

Rate this question

J McB

Question

All,

So I've gotten conflicting information from two different VSOs...go figure.

When is the deadline for submitting additional evidence in support of your appeal(s) to the BVA; 90-days from when you file your Form 9, or 90-days from when receive letter from BVA certifying your appeal?

I did request a (video-conference) hearing. 

NOTE: My claims/appeals are under Legacy Appeals.  I opted out of RAMP.

I filed NOD

I received SOC

I filed appeal/Form 9 with BVA.

JMcB

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I'm in the same boat as you, Brother... 90 days or, possibly (thought doubtfully) less, from the date the letter of notice was executed:

"Please note that you have 90 days from the date of this letter or until the Board issues a decision in your appeal (whichever comes first) to request a change in representation or to submit additional argument or evidence, if you elect to do so. Any such request or submission must be sent directly to the Board. See generally 38 C.F.R. § 20.1304."

20 hours ago, Jeff@NoCO said:

I'm in the same boat as you, Brother... 90 days or, possibly (thought doubtfully) less, from the date the letter of notice was executed:

"Please note that you have 90 days from the date of this letter or until the Board issues a decision in your appeal (whichever comes first) to request a change in representation or to submit additional argument or evidence, if you elect to do so. Any such request or submission must be sent directly to the Board. See generally 38 C.F.R. § 20.1304."

Jeff@NoCO... I don't think you qualify as an "Elder"...lol... 🤣