Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

At The Ratings Board.

Rate this question

martin

Question

hello everyone, i was wondering how much longer do ya'll think it will be before i hear anything positive,and what rating i may get. my packet has been at the ratings board in Houston since December 8th. i called the 1-800 number, and i was told that its a two person process. the first person on the board has reviewed my file, and has since been passed on to another person for review to check for any mistakes. if approved i am expecting retro pay from August 2005. i was diagnosed through the V.A. with PTSD- 309.81, panic attacks with agoraphobia-300.21. i was also tested for hearing loss (tinnitus) which came back sensorineural loss from severe to moderate in the 3khz-6khz range(from being hit with an I.E.D.) i had hypertension before i went to the V.A. and thats listed also as HTN-401.9. after returning from Iraq, i had to have sinus surgery on my maxillary, and ethmoid sinuses by a private ENT. i guess all the dust must have aggravated my sinuses.( this was preexisting sinus problems before going overseas and theres proof in my records from my civilian doctor) anyway, the V.A, has all of my military, and civilian medical records to substantiate my claims. i picked up my V.A. records a few weeks ago, so that i could expedite a long term disabilty claim i have through my employer. what do you suppose(if granted service connected disabilty) with these daignosis, should or would be a fair,or ball park figure on what i should get percentage wise from the V.A. if approved? thanks alot, i'll kick back and wait for the responses from the experts...martin

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Martin,

If your claim(s) have been at the rating activity since the beginning of December, I would suspect it shouldn't be too much longer. Have you had a C&P exam yet?

As far as the rest of your disabilities and speculating as to what ratings you may acheive, it's hard to tell with the little information you posted. PTSD can be rated fro 10% to 100% depending on the symptoms in your case. Hearing loss is hard to tell if one does not have the actual readings with the frequencies. With the rest of your disabilities, it would being just to difficult to say without more concrete information.

Vike 17

vike 17, i have not had a C&P. i asked about it my last trip at the v.a. i was told by a person in benefits that all i may need is a records review based on my release from active duty so recently, and that most all of my diagnosis were made at the v.a within the last 10 months. i went to the v.a. initially 8 months after discharge. also i know its difficult to get a rating without seeing my file, i was just curious. i'm new to the v.a. game..thanks..martin

I would caution one to remember: The simple statement that "your claim is with the rater" or the rating team is working on it etc......... only means that the pre-determination team has done what they feel to be all they can do so the C-File has moved into the rating area. It does not mean that a live, breathing and caring person has it in their hands. It simply means that the file moved. What they did not and can not tell you is that you file is only one of 6 thousand files sent to the rating area. It could be next or it could be number 5399. The computer does not have such detail that is releasable to the public so the contact team can only tell you what specific area the file is sitting in at the time of your call. The sometimes statement of should receive a decision in 60 days is kind of a standard one. It normally holds off the vet another 60 days before they inquire again. If they really told you that it was in the rating area and it could be anywhere from the next day to 12 months before a decision is made most could not handle this answer. Also just because the claim has made it to the rating area does not mean it will stay there. The predetermination team may have missed something so the rating team or rater may have to send it back to perdetermination for additional development. Not trying to bust any bubbles, but that is just the system.

Guest jangrin
vike 17, i have not had a C&P. i asked about it my last trip at the v.a. i was told by a person in benefits that all i may need is a records review based on my release from active duty so recently, and that most all of my diagnosis were made at the v.a within the last 10 months. i went to the v.a. initially 8 months after discharge. also i know its difficult to get a rating without seeing my file, i was just curious. i'm new to the v.a. game..thanks..martin

Martin,

My husband was diagnosed and treated by the VA.All of his medkcal records with the exception of the radiographic stuff was done by the VA. He had two reports from the SS doctors when he got his SSDI. Everything else was VA. We called the VARO and asked the status of the claim. We were told that it was at the rating board.

We were told at the rating board for three months. Then a cople of weeks ago we got notices for C&P exams. Two of them scheduled over a month apart. We didn't think they were going to do those C&P exams.......but they did. So the file is probably back with the pre-determination team.

When they say it's at the rating board be prepared for many different things to happen. But at least when things happen you know the file is being looked at. There are many here at hadit who haven't heard anyhting about their file for a year or longer.

Good luck, I hope you get your rating soon.

Jangrin