• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Vets- Input Needed

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:43 PM

Dear 1991 Gulf War Veterans

There will be a hearing on Nov 15, 2005 that will make or break us as a group. Congress has asked what the status of Gulf War related research, compensation and treatment is in the VA. There are several issues we will bring to the congress that are unresolved or completely broken.

Treatment

Current Science

Healthcare

Funding

Compensation

Education of VA Docs

Promises made

Promises broken

Future studies

GWVI - Laws

The MS Vets group represents one of these issues. Namely, the undiognosed illness law which has been used to harm rather than help veterans. Many veterans in the MS vets group have multisymptom illness that defies the diognosis of traditional MS - YET you have very debilitating symptoms.

I need the name of such a veteran who is visibly impared and has not been able to achieve either the MS diagnosis or the undiagnosed illness rating from the VA. This person must be able to articulate the problem they faced and how it impacts their daily lives. This person should be visibly impaired, have some difficulty working, walking or functioning on a daily basis.

The reason I am asking for such a specific set of symptoms is to demonstrate the severity of the illness. While outwardly most MS veterans look like the rest of us, I know from personal experience that their daily lives are filled with pain, anxiety, depression and a whole host of problems that most people can't see.

Congress needs to see the extreme case and that's why I am asking for your help. Talk amongst yourselves and get me the name of a veteran who can fit this request. Also, please make plans to attend the hearing. More details on the location and the committee holding the hearing will be released as soon as they are available.

If we dont have a strong showing in the committee hearing room and we don't present compelling evidence then our issue will fade into history. It's all or nothing and we need veterans to turn out to this event.

Steve Robinson

Send the name and contact to me as soon as possible

srobinson@ngwrc.org

* Time For Veterans To Unite! *

* ALLVETS INC. *

* http://welcome.to/allvets *

http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/ALLVETSINC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Visit your group "ALLVETSINC" on the web.

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

ALLVETSINC-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet