Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Csrs Annuitants And Ssdi

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

http://www.ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify2.htm

The number of work credits you need to qualify for disability benefits depends on your age when you become disabled. Generally, you need 40 credits, 20 of which were earned in the last 10 years ending with the year you become disabled. However, younger workers may qualify with fewer credits

So if you were under CSRS the last 10 years before retiring, you will not qualify for SSDI because you have to have paid into SS within the last 10 years and 20 of the credits must have been earned in the last 10 years.

I had previously stated 5 years off the top of my head. But, go to this sight and you will see that just because you are drawing VA Comp at 100%, I/U etc, you will not automatically be eligible for SSDI, unless you had the previous 20 quarters withing the last 10 years and it would be impossible to due if you were working and retiring under CSRS.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I forgot to mention that but if you are Total and have enough credits which you have to check with SSA then you do check link with auto qual disabilities.