Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Center Screwing Me

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

Recently i filed a VA claim for benefits for PTSD. Plenty of stressors but, VA states the first time it was denied that 1. They cant find my medical records anywhere. 2. That they cant find the related stressors that im talking about. The thing that really takes the cake is that i wrote a letter to the senator of missouri where im from and he writes me back with a letter that is going to the place in Virginia to help me find my unit records that definitely has the stressors that i need for my claim. I called the VA claims center and asked them if they used the place in Virginia that specializes in getting the stressor information for PTSD claims and they said that they didnt know if they had or not. I called the place in Virginia and they said that they had no such info from the VA claims center in reguards to my claim. So basically they are deciding my claim without any evidence which we all know that they will deny it for sure with no evidence that they wont ask for. The funny thing is that i have nexus from the doctor and the diagnosis and a note from him saying that because of my condition (PTSD) that i cannot work at all; Ive filled out the form for unemployablity with my VA rep and I filed for SSD and SSI which i received SSD already just based on my only current VA records of 6 months. It only took the social security 1 month and a half to deem me disabled with SSD which i didnt even have to go to a doctor from them because they just used my va record and my 5 page stressor letter that i used for my va claim. Anyone know what i should do? I feel like the VA claims is not even looking for things on my case but, just sending me denial letters hoping that i will give up!!!!! Ive even had them call me telling me that its going to be tough to award me a percentage without the facts from the unit on my stressors that i had given them. Like i said the doctor even wrote in my notes that the reason i have PTSD is from the Military cant they read at the VA claims center?

Tower Rat

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

What type of stressor do you have, combat or noncombat related? If combat where? What period of time?

in otherwords give us a liitle more information. It will help narrow it down as to what information may be helpful to you.

Jim S. B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Tower Rat,

No, the people at VARO CANNOT read. That is work, and they don't like that.

What is needed here at Hadit is some background. Were you in combat, do you have a CIB, award for valor (V device), or any information that puts you in a combat situation.

If so, the VA is required to take your word for most stressors that you certify.

The more information you can provide, about the circumstances, locations and stressors, the more the 'fambly' at Hadit can help.

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh

"Like i said the doctor even wrote in my notes that the reason i have PTSD is from the Military cant they read at the VA claims center? "

Any shrink can diagnose PTSD but Only a doctor who served with a veteran and witnessed the same actual stressor can verify a stressor.zIt takes much more than a shrink's statement to suuport actual stressors.

In the time this claim took have you yourself attempted to get your records from the NARA or any buddy statement?

Have you been in contact with your unit or tried to access any published accounts of any of your stressors?

Have you checked with the SSA? They most likely have your complete military records.

"Like i said the doctor even wrote in my notes that the reason i have PTSD is from the Military cant they read at the VA claims center? "

Any shrink can diagnose PTSD but Only a doctor who served with a veteran and witnessed the same actual stressor can verify a stressor.zIt takes much more than a shrink's statement to suuport actual stressors.

In the time this claim took have you yourself attempted to get your records from the NARA or any buddy statement?

Have you been in contact with your unit or tried to access any published accounts of any of your stressors?

Have you checked with the SSA? They most likely have your complete military records.

Yeah the Social security admin made their decision just based on my va records that have only gone back 8 months when i first started going to the va. They only have my records for the last 8 months, no other records are available to them because the NARA say that they are all lost and have been for the last year. I have tried to get help from my senator to also find my unit records as well which the claims center has not helped me with.

As to the nature of stressor(s) for my PTSD it involves actually cold war (so they deem non combat) which actually i guess it was many inccidents that took place at a nuclear site. IE Terrorists, also are own veterans that were serving at the time running a muck and shooting at their own people. Things of that nature you could say. The other major stressor is the unknown injection which i received upon arrival at my permanent duty station during the wee hours of the morning (3am) where everyone that was there says it happenend back then but, the military back then didnt see it as such. Imagine having 5 people with protective masks on wake you up in the middle of the night, inject you with an unknown substance and say it never happened. I luckily have the names and the social security numbers (compliments of partial c-file that was sent to me) of the people that were there that went to my company after this event. Hard to believe our government would do this and then not own up to it years later. My actual diagnosis is chronic PTSD, with panic attacks depression, and general anxiety. There are so many stressors i listed in my letter to the VA i would think they would be able to find at least one of them. The va doctor even wrote that it is because of the military and these stressors that i have undergone that have caused my condition. One va doctor even went as far as saying i have been disabled for 17 yrs. I bet i dont see that compensation from them. I wish i could just get my unit records that were out at the nuclear site but, i think that i wont be able to because of their sensitivity.

Tower Rat

Tower Rat,

No, the people at VARO CANNOT read. That is work, and they don't like that.

What is needed here at Hadit is some background. Were you in combat, do you have a CIB, award for valor (V device), or any information that puts you in a combat situation.

If so, the VA is required to take your word for most stressors that you certify.

The more information you can provide, about the circumstances, locations and stressors, the more the 'fambly' at Hadit can help.

worked at larges class 'A' nuclear storage site in germany from 86-88. When i arrived in germany was put through a head start class with other people who were going to other individual companies on the post in nuremburg germany. These people didnt have the same MOS as i had and we were only there for a few days. some of the people that were also there came from my basic training company to be assigned to the same company i was going to. During this time we stayed at another barracks like a basic training style barracks where they ordered us around alot when we were not in our classes during the day. One night in the wee hours of the morning about 3am we were woken up to stand in line in our underwear where men in protective masks were (5 of them) one by one took our blood and then determined by our type if we received an unknown injection. I remember being so tired and like a zombie doing what they said along with the others that looked and acted the same as me, tired and compliant. The one person that wasnt wearing a protective mask was the cadre(or thats what they called him) He was the person from day to day that we reported to and we did what he said. I Think thats why everyone listened to him when he told us not to fight and just relax while some of us were being injected. The next day i asked some of the other class mates if they remembered anything from the night before; All of them said the same thing that they remembered what they did but, didnt want to say anything because they thought maybe that they had dreamed it or something. I confronted the cadre with this and he said it never happened and to keep my mouth shut.

Other stressors include being fired on in a special action teams ready room by one of our own with an m-16 rifle on auto, He was reclassed and served time i believe and also kicked out of course. Others that threatened with weapons. physical assaults on me and other people that were there. other things involving the nuclear aspect of the site that i cant even mention here but, did tell the VA about. picking up body parts after accidents. Dont you think its odd that they cant find my medical records after i told them that ive been injected by an unknown agent. Ive been told that they dont know where they are at, and that the partial c-file that really has nothing in it is all they had. I know that there must be some records of what went on at the nuclear site somewhere its just whether i have or maybe will have access to them.

What type of stressor do you have, combat or noncombat related? If combat where? What period of time?

in otherwords give us a liitle more information. It will help narrow it down as to what information may be helpful to you.

Jim S. B)

they would classify it as non combat but, fired upon by people in my unit, it was during the cold war, that i guess wasnt a war even though we were at war with terrorists everyday and sometimes came to exchange of rounds. Funny the things that the media doesnt publish or that is not let out for the public back home in the states. Im sure there are other veterans on here that know stories that would give you chills the time i was there was from 86-88 Nato-23 largest class "A" storage site in united states army in europe.

Tower Rat