Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help In Getting Sc For Scoliosis

Rate this question

Guest sdkaylynn

Question

Guest sdkaylynn

I could really use some assistance in getting SC for Scoliosis.

Here is my story: I was not detected with Scoliosis until 3 months after discharge, this was at my first C/P exam. I attempted to file a claim for SC but was told by the VA that this is a constitutional or developmental abnormality for which SC can not be granted.

My back condition was not detected on entrance or exit exams, nor did I complain of back pain during military service for fear of being washed back or belittled, so I treated myself with over-the-counter medications.

I remember bending over on my entrance exam for him to check my spine but do not recall it on the exit. I do have proof from a pre-op exam at the age of 7 that my spine was "normal". My school records have long been destroyed, so the only other official documentation I have is the Xray taken 3 months after discharge which states "significant scoliosis present with concavity on the right".

Significant---should this not have been found on my exit exam?

In the real world this is some sort of malpractice for missing something "significant".

Over the years my back pain has gotten worse and I live on pain medication.

How do I go about winning this case and what should I say/present to re-open it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sdkaylynn

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet