Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim "remand"

Rate this question

Railroader

Question

Below is address for my remanded claim and it is in Cleveland O at the rating board. I called today and they told me that they were processing my claim and it should be finished by the end of this month or by the middle of next. Please read this at the address below and let me know what do you think? They have had this since Janurary 2005.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp03/files/0319243.txt

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Below is address for my remanded claim and it is in Cleveland O at the rating board. I called today and they told me that they were processing my claim and it should be finished by the end of this month or by the middle of next. Please read this at the address below and let me know what do you think? They have had this since Janurary 2005.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp03/files/0319243.txt

It seems to me that you have a good claim for an increase, my VARO usually takes about a year on a Remand. Good luck on this, and hang in there! It's a crying shame that this Remand bull is not investigated. The VA needs to train the local adjudicators and it would save stress on the vets, and much money if the claim was decided right at the VARO. I have s/c degenerative lumbar disc disease, and I have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis that was diagnosed AFTER the degenerative disc disease....I'm wondering, does anyone know if Degenerative disc disease is or can be related to or the cause of the Spinal Stenosis??

It seems to me that you have a good claim for an increase, my VARO usually takes about a year on a Remand. Good luck on this, and hang in there! It's a crying shame that this Remand bull is not investigated. The VA needs to train the local adjudicators and it would save stress on the vets, and much money if the claim was decided right at the VARO. I have s/c degenerative lumbar disc disease, and I have Lumbar Spinal Stenosis that was diagnosed AFTER the degenerative disc disease....I'm wondering, does anyone know if Degenerative disc disease is or can be related to or the cause of the Spinal Stenosis??

Thank you Jesse

If I were you, I would call 1-800-827-1000 and ask for a formal query into the status of this remand-

seems to me they should have sent you something by now as to it's receipt etc-

meantime- I would try to gather any more medical evidence at all- even ask your VA doctors- as to opining on the conditions in the remand as to your service.

There is no such thing as too much evidence- and it weighs the scales for a Benefit of Doubt award.

That is a VERY interesting decision.

Seems to me like VARO erred in application of the regs but it did not affect the outcome- otherwise BVA could have CUed them.

I sure hope people at your VARO can read.

"The VA needs to train the local adjudicators and it would save stress on the vets, and much money if the claim was decided right at the VARO."

Jesse I cant agree with you more-

this is the biggest fundamental problem that vets have with claims.

The BVA is great and they make good decisions.

But Remands should NOT need to happen when usually all that a remand contains could have been done at the VARO level. I get upset at most of the remands I read at the BVA website. WHat was the SO thinking?

I always suggest filing a Response to any SOCs you get and adding whatever evidence you have with it.

The time it takes to go to the BVA and then end up with a Remand and then an award can become many years.