Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Scotty,

I think this is probably pretty common. I've never had a C

&P exam. Treating physicians' progress notes have been used as

medical opinions.

Ralph

So I am waiting for the paperwork describing how my SSOC went, it was mostly finished in mid Feb. I was told 2 out 3 of my claims were granted and that they were waiting for a "Medical Opinion" for the 3rd item. Now I have only been told this on the phone and by a letter from my service rep, PVA. I have not received any paperwork other than a piece of mail on Friday saying I was elegible for addtional insurance I wanted it, the normal process when an additional claim is granted. Okay so I called today to see when the paperwork would be available to me, oh and I was told it was on a desk to be sent out over a week ago. On today's call I was informed the Medical Opinion was rendered yesterday? I was never brought in or anything like that. It seems the VA just performs a record review and they will determine whether or not I have a condition or not! Oh well I suppose if I don't like it I can always appeal it....... While I have enjoyed a relative problem free journey I still marvel at how things transpire. I will keep ya posted.

Has anybody else had a similar situation as far as the Medical Opinion from a record review?

Thanks