VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mononucleosis,infectious/epstein-barr Virus

Rate this question

qrdgv2tebc

Question

Hi To All

I was looking at the boxes of paper i have kept, since i have dealing with the VA. i decided to look at what i could put in the garbage. i came across some pages from my service medical records, as i was looking at the page i realized i was diagnosed with Infectious Mononucleosis, Mono is an infection caused by the Epstien-Barr virus, some call it the Kissing disease, i look it up on google and long term effects, i was diagnosed on 18/Oct/1969, i was in Korea at the time. one of the long term effects is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, i was diagnosed with CFS about 14 months ago on a va exam. I have been complaining for years in the service and after i retired with swollen lymph nodes in my underarms and my groin, i was told by the doctors that maybe i was pulling the hair under my arms to hard when i took showers, that did not make any sence to me. This has happened to me twice in the past month, but lasted only about two days, when it happens i get a high fever and fatigue, sore muscles headaches, feel like crap. In OCT of last year i was put in th hospital for five days with a chronic infection, same symptoms, fatigue,fever,sore throat, sore muscles, skin rash, red speckles around my ankles and on the inside of my arms, headeaches, and swollen lymph nodes in my underarmes. the doctor could not figured out what kind of infection i had, i could not eat i felt so sick, they did not give me any antibiotic, the doctor sid that antibiotic would not help just rest and dring plenty of water,juice and rest, after i got out of the hospital i had to stay in bed for two weeks, i just did not have any energy. on my release paper from the hospital it states on diagnosis, Infection unknow. other side effects on Mono are large liver and spleen, you have to avoid sports for a month you are better.

One of the studies i saw on google is that it is rear to get a mono set back, but it may happen when you get older. it also can cause certain cancer later in life, in the brain,throat neck,

If anyone out there ever had this,please contact me, because the doctors here don't know what the hell is going on.

Appreceiate all replys.

Patrick

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet