Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

American Legion Poa

Rate this question

kkp

Question

Berta I have been reading about your gripes With your poA for quite a while. At first they were totally FRENCE TO THIS HILLBILLY. The longer I read, the more I learn. I have recently been in the trenches with my American Legion POA. In my case I recently had a secretary making major decisions on what evidence should or should not be sent to the ro in support of my case. I to am very upset, and did not take it setting down. I took it all the way to the top. Ironiclly I ended up saving her , Her job.

I am now being represented by the rep who's office is in the ro.

Only today I was reading the AMERICAN LEGION POST SERVICE OFFICERS GUIDE 2006 EDITION. I am quite sure you are fully aware of there regs. I also know there are many who don't. I personally find it disgraceful that the vet. has to know all of the Va's Regulations, in addition now to also knowing the poa,s rules that they work under.

I have read many times on this sight of the frustrations that people like Vike 17 has stated. ( If the evidence was sent in on the original claim that was won on appeal) the system would not be so clogged up. He is right you know, But is this the vets fault, IN MOST CASES NO. In to many case its PoA-s who are untrained or just simply dont care. As we all know when we file a claim we don't know diddly. We trust the road to handle it for us. Its only after our claims have been botched that we have to start learning why. AGAIN I WILL QUOTE OTHERS WHO WORK AT RO'S- IT'S A VERY SMALL PERCENT OF THE CASES THAT HAVE TO BE APPEALED, WHICH MEANS MOST POA'S ARE DOING IT RIGHT. I WOULD VENTURE TO SAY THAT MOST HEAR ON HADIT FALL IN THE LATTER.

Following I will paste one paragraph from manual mentioned above That gives Berta every right to pursue her case and perhaps some day set a standard in the courts for us all. Hopefully it will get that far.

CLAIM FORMS, DOCUMENTATION

AND CORRESPONDENCE

Post Service Officers should not hold such material.

To avoid delays and potentially lost benefits,

all claims or correspondence submitted to the PSO

should be immediately directed to the DSO at the

VA regional office having jurisdiction over the geographic

area where the claimant lives.

It is also important that no material or evidence ever

be submitted directly to VA. Should a benefit claim

be denied, the PSO should advise claimants to contact

the DSO right away, before initiating an appeal or

taking further action on their claim.

• Answers 0
  • Created