Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Ptsd Gaf At 46

Rate this question

majrrich

Question

First I have to say thankyou to everyone who gave me advice on my previous posts.

Had a C& P on Friday picked up a copy today. Appears to be thorough and all issues appear to be addressed. Dr gave a GAF of 46 current and then said GAF 44 to 49 for past year. I am a Vietnam Cobat Vet.

1. Does the VA rely soley on the scores or will they consider all the other evidence on the C & P. I guess I am asking is there any way of determing what type of rating will be given with these GAF scores.

Thanks Rich

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Rich,

In reply to your question,

"Does the VA rely soley on the scores or will they consider all the other evidence on the C & P. I guess I am asking is there any way of determing what type of rating will be given with these GAF scores."

The evaluation percentage of SC disability will not be set soley on your GAF score, all evidence is to be considered. GAF scores can change from one day to the next.

You might want to get a copy of your C&P exam to find out exactly what the examiner stated.

jmho,

carlie

Thanks Martin glad to hear you did so well

Carlie I did get a copy and I believe he discussed all the pertinant facts. Did not actually say I was unemployable but did say i lost my business due to PTSD. I guess anything can happen

thanks for your response

Rich

Rich,

Look through your C&P and compare it to the rating schedule at this URL

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....1.1.5.2.109.78

This will help you see about what percentage VA will award for service connection, due to the evidence contained in your SMR's, treatment records and the C&P exam.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by carlie