• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tyr

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Mike I guess I don't understand your post?  what is it that your asking? Is it you don't want to have a PTSD Diagnoses?  With PTSD Claims you will need to verify your  in service stressor's  this is the reason you have PTSD. Do you want a MH claim? or to have your MH Claim not to have you listed with PTSD?  They are other means of MH not to be consider PTSD like MMD or Depression, Unspecific Disorder's  ect,,ect,,, ''On statement  in support of claim''   this is where you can write down your stressor's use extra sheets of paper if needed attach it to the form  tell your story of the event time and place. you don't need to answer  each and every question on the form  just leave it blank or just put''does not apply''  Use buddy statements they will help verify these events  or  records of morning reports, Duty reports MOS Any type of Gov document that puts you in the time a place of the claimed event. PTSD is nothing to be Ashamed of  it happens to millions of soldiers, and you should be compensated for your service & sacrifice to your country.
    • Wayne, for the first two years of use I was directed to bring my CPAP machine into my VAMC every 6 months.  They would take the card out and read and record the results.  The information on the card tells them the average usage time per night.  They ask you if you are having any problems with it, if you are getting better sleep, do you have dry mouth, did you change the filter, etc.  I have not been contacted for almost a  year now. I would not worry about it.
    • I don't think you need to worry with ebenfits  if you submitted your documents there there. to ease your mind yes go ahead and send copies in snail mail  with return sign receipts (greencard)  I did both with my claim. In e benefits they should ask you if you have any more evidence you have to submit please submit them now before they do a final prep for final decision.  If you don't get that letter in mail or on benefits  then just make sure yourself you have sent them everything you want them to have and  hope they read. Its up to you if you want to tell your VSO they miss spelled a word  but if it was me it looks close enough and leave well enough alone. That would be up to you & your VSO
    • I submitted documents on ebenefits and it showed them all under the submitted documents tab. Ebenefits was updated and all the submitted documents disappeared from the submitted documents tab. Should I mail in copies? Also, on my list of disabilities it says I'm appealing rhinitis when I just started that claim. My appeal was for sinusitis. I put eustachian tube dysfunction for a secondary but the VA spelled it "estachian". Should I tell my VSO they may be messing up my claim?
    • As Berta noted, its really the information they want that is contained on the form, that happens to have "PTSD" in the title.   There isn't a "Statement in Support of Claim for Stressors, but not PTSD stressors" form yet :)

DickC

Is Subsistance Retroactive?

4 posts in this topic

I am rated 80% and just met with Voc Rehab and was told I qualify. I am already in school (started last June) and they are fine with the program I am in. I have 2 questions that I can not find answers to so any help would be appreciated.

1)Is my subsistance retroactive back to June when I started school?

2)The number of credits I am taking varies between 1/2 (6 credits),3/4 (10 credits), and fulltime(12+ credits)depending on the classes that are offered for the term. Because this varies do they adjust my payments for each term accordingly or will they just pay me at the lowedt rate regardless of credits (my voc rehab counselor has a copy of intended credits for each term).

I would definitely think the payments would be retro to the date you formally started school.

Havent they sent any Voc Rehab allowance yet to you?

They should adjust the payments as to the amount of credits you are earning.

Maybe the school VA counselor could look into your Voc Rehab status - my husband was on Voc Rehab- his VA counselor at the college made it all go pretty smoothly.

The checks came at ist of month same time his comp check did.

However-I am a Chapter 35 student- although this is different then Chap 31 -I recently had to contact VA Educational department and they are overwhelemed as you can imagine with newly returning servicemen/women getting into these educational programs.

Still- you have waited a long time- with no $$$$ yet?

Did the VA counselor at your school get you a book fee waiver?

I would definitely think the payments would be retro to the date you formally started school.

Havent they sent any Voc Rehab allowance yet to you?

They should adjust the payments as to the amount of credits you are earning.

Maybe the school VA counselor could look into your Voc Rehab status - my husband was on Voc Rehab- his VA counselor at the college made it all go pretty smoothly.

The checks came at ist of month same time his comp check did.

However-I am a Chapter 35 student- although this is different then Chap 31 -I recently had to contact VA Educational department and they are overwhelemed as you can imagine with newly returning servicemen/women getting into these educational programs.

Still- you have waited a long time- with no $$$$ yet?

Did the VA counselor at your school get you a book fee waiver?

I just filed for voc rehab about a month ago (didn't know it was available) and my local VA rep is the one that pushed me to give it a go, the one at school is about worthless IMO. My schooling is paid under Trade Act (I lost me job after 12 years to overseas) and so all I was asking from VA is some help to buy some of the tools I need that Trade Act will not buy. VA will only buy the same tools that Trade act will buy which is of no use to me. There are tools I will need to make a living in this field that are not on the tool list provided by the school so I will use the subsitance check to buy the tools I need.

Got a call this morning from my counselor and was told that the subsistance pay is retro to Sept 09 to the tune of about $3500!