VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chicago Varo & E- Benefits

Rate this question

Cybernick1

Question

Does anybody know if the VARO in Chicago even updates E-Benefits or how reliable that office is in updating. My claim is almost 24 mos old and has been at the team 2 raters desk for almost 3 mos..

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

E-Benefits updates from any of the VAROs have been "catch as catch can". I suspect that the updates occur only when a significant change gets put in the "computer" and the programming forces the E-Benefits update. As to it's accuracy or lack, that's another major issue. This seems to be rather universal, rather than associated with a specific VARO.

My experience with the Chicago VARO is decades old. In the 70's I needed an updated and corrected entitlement/approval form related to flight training.

When I showed up in person, with my usual business attire, including defense plant ID badges, the requisite dark suit with blood colored tie, a flag lapel pin, and a tie tack of an airplane that was not yet in production (B1A), I was given "free run" of the VARO. When I left, I had the needed form/certificate in my hand, typed and signed, instead of the usual computer generated one.

Checked e-ben 04/05/2013 Orange box requesting more action on my part gone. Forms that were requested earlier all now closed as of 04/08/2013

Looks like the Chicago RO is pretty quick at least this time updating. Also looks like my 2 year old claim has risen from the rating teams desk and has gotten action. Nothin left but to rate it. They probably just did....Watching AB8 letter....