VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champva as non-medical Retired Reserve

Rate this question

afMonkey

Question

After submitting a NOD, I received notification today that my benefits were changed to P&T with Champva and Chapter 35 entitlements.
Everything I read states if your dependents are Tricare eligible, the don't qualify for Champva.

I'm scheduled to retire from the Reserves this spring (regular retirement). Ultimately that makes me eligible for Tricare Retired Reserve at $1013.36 per month until age 60. I've had SSDI for the last 18 months. I understand that I'll be automatically enrolled in Medicare part A & B at the 24 month mark.  Medicare part B will automatically enroll me into Tricare for Life (service member only from my understanding). 

Will my dependents qualify for Champva or will that benefit be lost because I have the option of paying for Tricare Retired Reserve? Can I even have two versions of Tricare at the same time? ( Tricare Retired Reserve and Tricare for Life)

Thanks!

afM

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I guess Command was thinking of CRDP/CRSC potential.

CRSC /CRDP info is available here under a search.

And others here know how it works and will chime in with the links at hadit that you need for  this info.

Edited by Berta