VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wait Time For Bva Ordered Comp Exam

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

I have a comp claim for service connection-presumptive, for an injury that led to Degenerative Disc Disease that was remanded back to the RO for another compensation exam. This because the doctor that performed the first one at the VA did not review my case file before the exam. I'm now waiting to get an exam date. It was noted on the letter from the BVA judge that the remand issue should be handled as expeditiously as possible. Can anyone tell me what that means in VA language??? Kind of curious as to the time frame from now to the exam and until the next decision is made in my case.

Thanks!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have a comp claim for service connection-presumptive, for an injury that led to Degenerative Disc Disease that was remanded back to the RO for another compensation exam. This because the doctor that performed the first one at the VA did not review my case file before the exam. I'm now waiting to get an exam date. It was noted on the letter from the BVA judge that the remand issue should be handled as expeditiously as possible. Can anyone tell me what that means in VA language??? Kind of curious as to the time frame from now to the exam and until the next decision is made in my case.

Thanks!

also we are awaiting "expeditiously" (which means" swiftly "in the dictionary-but their language it doesn't mean crapola/ nothing) it is just a good word for them to use to make us think our claims are "special" BVA remand exam- so did you get the 150 day"special handling" of your file letter yet- heres what I have on this thru phone calls:

a. BVA remands -then it is in "a special place" for 150 days-(5 months )

they say because the CVA -has to look at it first-why?beats me!

then after the 150 days are up-it goes back to the Regional Office who schedules the CP exams-

ours was remanded Jan 7 09'-it is now June-after writing and calling I was told they aren't doing any exams here until sometime in July but they didnt say which year 09 or 10"-

as of June 7th the 160 days are up-and you bet your a## I will be blowing up the phone to see where the file is "secretly now"---Sorry but Been at this for 11 years-and you get a crust after awhile as it comes with age!!! Bless you------

Thanks!

blackbird sorry I can't give you an answer to your question, but I can say that I am in the same boat as yourself. I have been waiting for a rescheduling of a c&p per letter from bva for 3 months. I guess the word expeditiously has a different meaning for the va than it does for the rest of mankind.

blackbird sorry I can't give you an answer to your question, but I can say that I am in the same boat as yourself. I have been waiting for a rescheduling of a c&p per letter from bva for 3 months. I guess the word expeditiously has a different meaning for the va than it does for the rest of mankind.

Thanks Sidney56 for the reply. I'm beginning to think the boat we're in is the size of 110,000 ton cruise ship!!!

also we are awaiting "expeditiously" (which means" swiftly "in the dictionary-but their language it doesn't mean crapola/ nothing) it is just a good word for them to use to make us think our claims are "special" BVA remand exam- so did you get the 150 day"special handling" of your file letter yet- heres what I have on this thru phone calls:

a. BVA remands -then it is in "a special place" for 150 days-(5 months )

they say because the CVA -has to look at it first-why?beats me!

then after the 150 days are up-it goes back to the Regional Office who schedules the CP exams-

ours was remanded Jan 7 09'-it is now June-after writing and calling I was told they aren't doing any exams here until sometime in July but they didnt say which year 09 or 10"-

as of June 7th the 160 days are up-and you bet your a## I will be blowing up the phone to see where the file is "secretly now"---Sorry but Been at this for 11 years-and you get a crust after awhile as it comes with age!!! Bless you------

Thanks for the reply mrsvet28. I've only been at this for 5 years and I feel for anyone that has endured 11 years of this mess! One thing I've learned from this process is that it takes relentless determination to get over the hurtles that are put in your way. It's kind of like a mission in its self.

I wonder what they'll tell you on June 7th when the 160 days are up?

GOOD LUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't understand their claim the file is in "timeout" for 150 days, my claim was awarded by the BVA on April 7, they sent my file back to the Columbia VARO by May today I got the award letter from the VARO so that is less than 60 days from the BVA Judge saying "you win" until I got the award letter from the VARO.

I don't agree with thier decision they rated me at 60% for heart problems when CAD is the only reason my SSD claim was approved in April 2003, if SS rated my heart problems as totally and permantly disabling why is the VA now claiming it is only a 60% disability?

Also my heart claim was filed in Dec 2002 and they used a Dec 2003 effective date I really hate having to file a NOD on a BVA decision but I feel the VARO screwed the pooch on this one.

I think the VAROs make the rules up as they handle each file