Jump to content


  • Search

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Guest top213

Inequality Under Va Policy And Procedure


Guest top213

The VA clearly states that the federally funded dental service is not equal in service to qualified disabled or handicapped veteran as shown in their matrix below. Full service is offered to a very specific and limited grouping of veteran. Offering this limited service to some qualified handicapped veterans and full service to other qualified veterans without disability or handicap screams of inequality within the service. What is the difference between being 100% SC and being 99%SC. It is being able to receive “any necessary dental care” or resolving a problem. This statement offers proof that all veterans are not treated equally, that all disabled veterans are not equally treated. The VA follows George Orwell’s classic statement in Animal Farm: “ all swine are equal but some swine are more equal than others.”

Equality within a federally funded program of service for qualified disabled or handicapped persons is the law outside of the VA. Discrimination in service based on ones disability or degree of disability is a violation of the law and discriminates against the disabled, yet that is VA policy. Some group, without disabilities are offered full service, while most qualified disabled veterans are culled and dissected into groupings of ever limiting services.

I would state that being offered “any dental service necessary” is not equal to “ to resolving the problem.” Resolution of one dental problem can create other problems which treatment may not be offered or covered under the limited requirement of resolving the initial problem. “All dental service necessary,” covers known and unknown secondary problems created by resolving the first. The most graphic example of such a known problem is that when all teeth are pulled to resolve a problem; The treatment may immediately resolves the initial problem, but it creates another. Now, the patient becomes toothless and is not covered for any relief from the newly created problem of being without teeth.

Partial or limited service leaves qualified veterans with only partial or limited service. while non disabled, qualified personal are given “any dental service needed.” Equality for the handicap and the disabled under the VA’s dental policy does not exist. Clearly, the opportunity to aid, benefits or services is not equal to that afforded others. The VA continues to violates the law by offering different and separate aid, benefits or services to handicapped persons that is not equal in treatment that is provided to others.

Disability Act

Title 45 part 84 subpart A, s/s 84.4

(ii) Afford a qualified handicapped person an opportunity to participate in or benefit from the aid, benefit, or service that is not equal to that afforded others;

(iv) Provide different or separate aid, benefits, or services to handicapped persons or to any class of handicapped persons unless such action is necessary to provide qualified handicapped persons with aid, benefits, or services that are as effective as those provided to others;


Dental Care

Eligibility for VA dental benefits is based on very specific guidelines and differs significantly from eligibility requirements for medical care.

You are eligible for outpatient dental treatment if you meet one of the following criteria:

If you:

You are eligible for:

Have a service-connected compensable dental disability or condition

Any needed dental care

Are a former prisoner of war

Any needed dental care

Have service-connected disabilities rated 100% disabling or are unemployable due to service-connected conditions

Any needed dental care

Are participating in a VA vocational rehabilitation program

Dental care needed to complete the program

Have a service connected and/or noncompensable dental condition or disability that existed at the time of discharge or release from a period of active duty of 90 days or more during the Persian Gulf War era

One-time dental care if you apply for dental care within 180 days of separation from active duty and your certificate of discharge does not indicate that all appropriate dental treatment had been rendered prior to discharge

Have a service-connected noncompensable dental condition or disability resulting from combat wounds or service trauma

You are eligible for needed care for the service-connected condition(s)

You have a dental condition clinically determined by VA to be currently aggravating a service-connected medical condition

You are eligible for dental care to resolve the problem

You are receiving outpatient care or scheduled for inpatient care and require dental care for a condition complicating a medical condition currently under treatment

You are eligible for dental care to resolve the problem

Certain veterans enrolled in a VA Homeless Program for 60 consecutive days or more

May receive certain medically necessary outpatient dental services



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

0 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

There have been no answers to this question yet

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisemnt

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Latest News
  • Our picks

    • If you are a Veteran, represented by MOPH, you need to know that MOPH is closing down its offices.  This can have a drastic effect on your claim, and it wont be good for you.  You likely need to get a new representative.  

      This station confirms MOPH is closing its doors:


      • 0 replies
    • Retroactive Back Pay.
      Retroactive Back Pay - #1Viewed Post Week of March 19. 2018

      My claim is scheduled to close tomorrow for my backpay.
      Does anyone know if it does close how long till the backpay hits the bank?
      Also does information only get updated on our claims whenever the site is down?
      • 44 replies
    • Examining your service medical records...
      * First thing I do after receiving a service medical record is number each page when I get to the end I go back and add 1 of 100 and so on.

      * Second I then make a copy of my service medical records on a different color paper, yellow or buff something easy to read, but it will distinguish it from the original.

      * I then put my original away and work off the copy.

      * Now if you know the specific date it's fairly easy to find. 

      * If on the other hand you don't know specifically or you had symptoms leading up to it. Well this may take some detective work and so Watson the game is afoot.

      * Let's say it's Irritable Syndrome 

      * I would start page by page from page 1, if the first thing I run across an entry that supports my claim for IBS, I number it #1, I Bracket it in Red, and then on a separate piece of paper I start to compile my medical evidence log. So I would write Page 10 #1 and a brief summary of the evidence, do this has you go through all the your medical records and when you are finished you will have an index and easy way to find your evidence. 

      Study your diagnosis symptoms look them up. Check common medications for your IBS and look for the symptoms noted in your evidence that seem to point to IBS, if your doctor prescribes meds for IBS, but doesn't call it that make those a reference also.
      • 9 replies
    • How to get your questions answered on the forum
      Do not post your question in someone else's thread. If you are reading a topic that sounds similar to your question, start a new topic and post your question. When you add your question to a topic someone else started both your questions get lost in the thread. So best to start your own thread so you can follow your question and the other member can follow theirs.

      All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

      Tips on posting on the forums.

      Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.

      Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

      Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

      Leading to:

      Post clear questions and then give background info on them.


      A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?

      I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

      B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

      I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

      This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.


      Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

      This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.
      • 2 replies
    • I have a 30% hearing loss and 10% Tinnitus rating since 5/17.  I have Meniere's Syndrome which was diagnosed by a VA facility in 2010 yet I never thought to include this in my quest for a rating.  Meniere's is very debilitating for me, but I have not made any noise about it because I could lose my license to drive.  I am thinking of applying for additional compensation as I am unable to work at any meaningful employment as I cannot communicate effectively because of my hearing and comprehension difficulties.  I don't know whether to file for a TDUI, or just ask for additional compensation.  My county Veterans service contact who helped me get my current rating has been totally useless on this when I asked her for help.  Does anyone know which forms I should use?  There are so many different directions to proceed on this that I am confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Vietnam Vet 64-67. 


How to get your questions answered.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

  1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ ...
  2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title ... 
  3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help ...
Continue Reading

  • Advertisemnt

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading


Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines