VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Read Somewhere About Supplemental Money

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

Hi guys,

My son just recently left the navy after 8 years, and they are holding up the GI monies on these kids- go figure-- I read either on military.com or here that the local RO were giving them a 3000 allotment in the mean time-anybody? Carlie,Berta,Wings,TBird,John,or Pete I read it last weekend and lost it-went to the VAMC with him today-they never heard of it-or arent sure about it :D Thanks MrsVet

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Hi guys,

My son just recently left the navy after 8 years, and they are holding up the GI monies on these kids- go figure-- I read either on military.com or here that the local RO were giving them a 3000 allotment in the mean time-anybody? Carlie,Berta,Wings,TBird,John,or Pete I read it last weekend and lost it-went to the VAMC with him today-they never heard of it-or arent sure about it :D Thanks MrsVet

Well, I'm not Carlie, Berta, Wings, TBird, John or Pete, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt (PLEASE take what I say with a grain of salt), but, the VA Medical Center probably is not the place that you need to go to find out the info that you are requiring. I would, however, call the VA GI Bill number and ask them, or, you may even want to check with your local RO, but, they'll probably just tell you the same thing.

And, yes, $3000 has been appropriated for each GI need "emergency funds" until they can figure out that there are MANY who want to take advantage of the NEW, IMPROVED, GI BILL..............................................duh, gee, errrr, oooooops! (sometimes, EVEN THE VA astounds me in their lack of planning, and, trust me, that takes a lot of "astonishment power")!

Now then, I'll bow out and let the folks that you requested help you out.

Besides, it's time for my nap.

And, your son is a grown man, let HIM get upset and call them.

just sayin'

Edited by LarryJ

Well, I'm not Carlie, Berta, Wings, TBird, John or Pete, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt (PLEASE take what I say with a grain of salt), but, the VA Medical Center probably is not the place that you need to go to find out the info that you are requiring. I would, however, call the VA GI Bill number and ask them, or, you may even want to check with your local RO, but, they'll probably just tell you the same thing.

And, yes, $3000 has been appropriated for each GI need "emergency funds" until they can figure out that there are MANY who want to take advantage of the NEW, IMPROVED, GI BILL..............................................duh, gee, errrr, oooooops! (sometimes, EVEN THE VA astounds me in their lack of planning, and, trust me, that takes a lot of "astonishment power")!

Now then, I'll bow out and let the folks that you requested help you out.

Besides, it's time for my nap.

And, your son is a grown man, let HIM get upset and call them.

just sayin'

Larry,

How could I forgotten you? Sorry - and the oscar goes to...... :D

Thanks for your reply, and have a good nap--they told him call the 800 number......

last I read they were backlogged up to 20 weeks to process....

• HadIt.com Elder
Larry,

How could I forgotten you? Sorry - and the oscar goes to...... :D

Thanks for your reply, and have a good nap--they told him call the 800 number......

last I read they were backlogged up to 20 weeks to process....

thank you, thank you............well, ahhhh, first of all I'd like to thank my pimp.......and the dude on the corner, he's always there for me when I need a little medication.........and my bondsman, let's all give it up for bondsmen everywhere in this great country, especially my main dude, Slick Willy's Bonds and Bar-B-Que and Beer out on Hwy 5 and Deer Slick Road...........way ta go WILLY................and, my driver, cain't ferget her, thanks darlin'...........and, then there's my Momma, heck, if it weren't for her I'd of never figgered out that DJ "scratch" stuff..................and, to my Daddy, whoever and wherever you are.......you were my inspiration and my idol and I'm doing my best to maintain your example.........................