VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Raters Decision

Rate this question

pcf-12

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I put my life on the line for a paycheck I just didn't expect Army doctors and scientists to try and kill me I am not one of those veterans that believes everyone who ever served is a "hero" most "hero's I know were so damn ugly no one would date them and were more trouble on base than they were worth and if they had stopped to think about what they did to become a "hero" they would never have done it. most of the time it was just a gut reaction and they saw something that needed to be done and did it without thinking of the consequences yes military service is a great thing but I don't buy into this new idea that everyone who ever wore a uniform is a "hero" that word is flat being abused many if us joined for different reasons drafted by our "friends and neighbors" enlisted because it was expected as in a family tradition (my excuse) my family has served in the Army going back to 1775

now I "serve" by trying to help fellow veterans get the benefits and compensation they are entitled to like I did

the VA uses everything to decide a claim old records new records and even statements veterans make in jest to VA employees if you are telling them that you don't get along with people and then are always sitting in the waiting rooms BS'ing and telling war stories with the other vets sitting there they document that too, they use it all and don't forget it you are always being observed while on VA property so keep that in mind and don't tell them things that aren't true they have a way of seeing thru the "fog" and most of the docs there can smell "stories" it's best to keep to facts and don't add things you don't want them to use against you

if you ever fought with your brother or sisters they will tell you you have a Personality Disorder or an Adjustment disorder instead of a SC PTSD or anxiety issue "normal childhoods" is the best answer tell them your life was like Leave it to Beaver or Ozzie and Harriet just not dennis the Menace or Eddie haskell lol

sorry for the mini rant but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary than most other soldiers

I just think that all vets know that they could be asked to put their lives on the line if needed, after all isn't that what the military is all about? You could be a cook one day andf be in the field the next if needed. jmo