VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's Needed Now?

Rate this question

Arizona Garry

Question

In July I submitted a claim for,

• Ruptured disk
  • lower back
  • Bilateral Tunnel Syndrome
  • Limited Shoulder Mobility

I had my C& P in August, with my claim I had submitted my DD214, Service medical record. All records that was requested I submitted to them.

All of my issues are documented in my medical record, the VA had xrays of their own taken as part ov the C&P.

Yesterday I was looking on eBenefits , saw that my claim is still in development and they needed more information ,, is the following like a form letter to them?

We are requesting your service treatment records from the service department. You do not need to con...tact the service department yourself. If you have your service treatment records already in your possession, please submit them. Original records are preferable to copies.

We need evidence showing that the following condition(s) existed from military service to the presen...t time:

Limited Shoulder Mobility, Bilateral Tunnel Syndrome, Ruptured disk, lower back

We are requesting your service treatment records from the service department. You do not need to con...tact the service department yourself. If you have your service treatment records already in your possession, please submit them. Original records are preferable to copies.

10/13/201011/12/2010We need evidence showing that the following condition(s) existed from military service to the presen...t time:

7/14/20108/13/2010You may be able to furnish documents that can substitute for service treatment records. Submit any o...riginal or certified copies of the following documents you have that relate to your disability during service: (If you only have photocopies, send them.)

* Statements from military medical personnel (nurses, medics, corpsmen, doctors)

* "Buddy" certificates or affidavits - (A "buddy" certificate or affidavit is a statement by a person who knew you when you were in service and knows of any disability you had while on active duty. The statement should state the dates and places they saw the condition(s) and should describe what they saw. If the person making the statement was on active duty at the time, they should show their service number and unit of assignment.)

* State or local accident and police reports

* Employment physical examinations

* Medical evidence from hospitals, clinics and private physicians by which or by whom you may have been treated after separation

* Letters written during service

* Photographs taken during service

* Pharmacy prescription records

* Insurance examinations

10/13/201011/12/2010You may be able to furnish documents that can substitute for service treatment records. Submit any o...riginal or certified copies of the following documents you have that relate to your disability during service: (If you only have photocopies, send them.)

"The above goes on but I have shortened it, is it now just a waiting game for the VA to see who gives in first?"

Thank you all very much!

10/13/201011/12/2010We need evidence showing that the following condition(s) existed from military service to the presen...t time:

7/14/20108/13/2010You may be able to furnish documents that can substitute for service treatment records. Submit any o...riginal or certified copies of the following documents you have that relate to your disability during service: (If you only have photocopies, send them.)

* Statements from military medical personnel (nurses, medics, corpsmen, doctors)

* "Buddy" certificates or affidavits - (A "buddy" certificate or affidavit is a statement by a person who knew you when you were in service and knows of any disability you had while on active duty. The statement should state the dates and places they saw the condition(s) and should describe what they saw. If the person making the statement was on active duty at the time, they should show their service number and unit of assignment.)

* Medical evidence from hospitals, clinics and private physicians by which or by whom you may have been treated after separation

* Insurance examinations

10/13/201011/12/2010We are requesting your service treatment records from the service department. You do not need to con...tact the service department yourself. If you have your service treatment records already in your possession, please submit them. Original records are preferable to copies.

* Insurance examinations

10/13/201011/12/2010 We are requesting your service treatment records from the service department. You do not need to con...tact the service department yourself. If you have your service treatment records already in your possession, please submit them. Original records are preferable to copies.

* Insurance examinations

10/13/201011/12/2010

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question