VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC 90 day extension appeal

Rate this question

van2016

Question

Hello!  I've been silent in the background for awhile now sifting through all the information while I put together my Fully Developed Claim. This site is absolutely amazing and I'm extremely grateful for everyone's wealth of knowledge they have shared to help veterans.

I've recently run into a problem hopefully someone can give me advice on. I started my FDC Oct 9th 2016 and it was set to expire 2017. About a week before the expiration I had a doctor give me new medical information to add to my claim. He told me to send a fax requesting a 90 day extension for the new medical information. However, I am a single father with a 1yr old, bouncing around to houses who will let us stay with them. It just so happened this week I was to send the fax my car was in the shop from a wreck, in addition I had no access to a fax machine, it was also Columbus day, the weekend etc.... anyways, I was able to send a fax on the 9th but my claim is no longer showing on ebenifits.

Guys I'm really stressing about this. Just like everyone else this is super important and I was very much depending on having that date for the back pay.

How can I get the original date of my claim back? What should I do???

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I can empathize -I don't mean to sound discouraging... or judgemental . :) 

I was a single parent in the military- you get things done by delegating. Not fun or easy. I had no family support .......

You can scan and uploaded with your phone or computer for future reference. I have done this successfully.

You can fax at most grocery stores- ups stores and some offices will allow faxing if you just ask. 

also from your home computer- desktop if you have a landline- as in previous post the ebenefits is not a reliable  way to track the process of the claim  status changes frequently. 

Best of Luck