Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Checking Claims Status

Rate this question

Guest Danny Penner

Question

Guest Danny Penner

Just a quick question. My wife called Buffalo to check on my claim and the computer stated that there was no information available at this time. What does this message usually mean, that the case is being worked on. Would the message be different if the claim was denied

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 answers to this question

It would help to know how long ago did you submit your claim? Did you submit your claim in person or did you submit thru an SO or did you mail it in and was it sent cirtified wth return receipt? Have you received a letter telling you they have received your claim? If so, they should at least show on the computor, that your claim has been received.

If it is new and you have received a letter that they have received your application for benefits, then it could just be sitting, waiting for someone to look at it. If you have an SO, I would also check with them, to see if they have better information.

Good luck,

Jim S. :rolleyes:

Guest Danny Penner

We got a letter the end of May stating that they had received the claim. We talked to a VA employee who stated that they were working on the claim but when my wife called the automated system, that is the reply that she received. Just wondering if anyone else had ever heard of this before?

It would help to know how long ago did you submit your claim? Did you submit your claim in person or did you submit thru an SO or did you mail it in and was it sent cirtified wth return receipt? Have you received a letter telling you they have received your claim? If so, they should at least show on the computor, that your claim has been received.

If it is new and you have received a letter that they have received your application for benefits, then it could just be sitting, waiting for someone to look at it. If you have an SO, I would also check with them, to see if they have better information.

Good luck,

Jim S. :rolleyes:

We got a letter the end of May stating that they had received the claim. We talked to a VA employee who stated that they were working on the claim but when my wife called the automated system, that is the reply that she received. Just wondering if anyone else had ever heard of this before?

Call the 800 number, let it go through its introduction, then press 0. Then ask whoever answers if you can check on the status.